Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

George_D

Karate Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

thepharoah    217
14 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah they should have dropped kata and made the kumite events have 16 athletes each.

Btw I find team kata much more interesting than individuals , but considering the fact that Japan put Karate in the 5 suggested sports to dominate it , it's not a big surprise that they add Kata 

JoshMartini007    107
7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Btw I find team kata much more interesting than individuals , but considering the fact that Japan put Karate in the 5 suggested sports to dominate it , it's not a big surprise that they add Kata 

I'm not against kata being in the Olympics, but if you are going to give the sport so few athlete quotas things need to be cut. Baseball/Softball is the same thing, they should have either made it an 8 team tournament or don't bother hosting it.

Nate River    134
6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'm not against kata being in the Olympics, but if you are going to give the sport so few athlete quotas things need to be cut. Baseball/Softball is the same thing, they should have either made it an 8 team tournament or don't bother hosting it.

I actually think Kata is a more interesting addition than Kumite because it’s much more unique at the Olympics. Kumite just looks very samey. I would be quite happy to give up Kumite for a team Kata event.

phelps    340
Posted (edited)

Kata is the most boring activity ever...

it should have never been included in the Olympic program...:facepalm::thumbdown:

Edited by phelps
  • Like 1

AlFHg    40

Just noticed that in the OQ document the qualification period is from July 2nd 2018 to June 31st 2020 :mumble:

dcro    2,126
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Just noticed that in the OQ document the qualification period is from July 2nd 2018 to June 31st 2020 :mumble:

What is wrong with that? :p

Edited by dcro

phelps    340
18 minuti fa, dcro ha scritto:

What is wrong with that? :p

June has only 30 days...:evil::p

• Thanks 1

dcro    2,126
7 minutes ago, phelps said:

June has only 30 days...:evil::p

:facepalm::facepalm:

phelps    340
51 minuti fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

it's wrong...

the ranking will be closed on April, 6th 2020

then there will be the world qualification tournament in May (15th-17th) 2020 and some places will be granted also through the Continental Champs of that year (dates TBD in all Continents)...

AlFHg    40
19 ore fa, phelps ha scritto:

it's wrong...

the ranking will be closed on April, 6th 2020

then there will be the world qualification tournament in May (15th-17th) 2020 and some places will be granted also through the Continental Champs of that year (dates TBD in all Continents)...

I know, but if you check the ending timetable you will see a generic qualification period considered as ending on this strange day :d