Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Werloc

Speed Skating 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

vovanA    47
Just now, heywoodu said:

And it was even announced quite clearly on RUSADA's site + in WADA letters/emails etc...

I would not be surprised to see Yuskov and Murashov's names tomorrow, or Yesin. My women's guess would be Voronina.

well, meldronat isn't connected with high results.. Bobrova used not to run faster. it can can absolutely anyone

Edited by vovanA

heywoodu    2,969
2 minutes ago, vovanA said:

well, meldronat isn't connected with high results.. Bobrova used not to run faster. it can can absolutely anyone

It's connected with enhancing performance. I really don't think all of a sudden a ton of major athletes turn out to have had heart problems.

vovanA    47
Just now, heywoodu said:

It's connected with enhancing performance. I really don't think all of a sudden a ton of major athletes turn out to have had heart problems.

doctors here say that it's a useless thing, just a placebo. it hepls to someone feel better after hard trainings and the only advantage is extremely low price

Pavlo    64
1 hour ago, vovanA said:

doctors here say that it's a useless thing, just a placebo. it hepls to someone feel better after hard trainings and the only advantage is extremely low price

so why it got forbidden? why is it used if it is placebo? :), why in Russia?

Pavlo    64

i hate all "excuses" and i can`t understand people believing that dopers do it unwillingly or specific "x" in fact is a "placebo".

Russia goes deeper and deeper with doping scandal and in my opinion should be excluded for a year from all international competitions like world champs, continental champs and OG

Gianlu33    837
Just now, Pavlo said:

i hate all "excuses" and i can`t understand people believing that dopers do it unwillingly or specific "x" in fact is a "placebo".

Russia goes deeper and deeper with doping scandal and in my opinion should be excluded for a year from all international competitions like world champs, continental champs and OG

But whit this soluction you exclude all honest peoples

Pavlo    64
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

But whit this soluction you exclude all honest peoples

yes, but there is sth like "Russian" sport and maybe only such a ban would help. There are cases when some feds are excluded, often because of some formal pressure by goverments (like in football) when players are also innocent. Tough call  but sth should be done

OlympicsFan    227

Its funny that he has been caught again. I always knew that he was still dirty, but a certain person in this forum (i dont have to name him) still cheered for him, saying that he is so fast because he has a superior technique. I said more than a year ago that he should stop doping, because he will otherwise get completely bald before turning 25 and now he wont have any other choice.

I hope that some german athletes will also get caught, but i doubt that they were "stupid" enough to take this drug. :cry:

heywoodu    2,969
15 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

yes, but there is sth like "Russian" sport and maybe only such a ban would help. There are cases when some feds are excluded, often because of some formal pressure by goverments (like in football) when players are also innocent. Tough call  but sth should be done

Definitely a tough call. 

It's a little annoying now to see Dutch former world champion Erben Wennemars act all surprised about Kulizhnikov...in the past 2 seasons he was always talking about "the past is the past and now he is just great because his technique is fantastic" :d 
Noone is doubting his fantastic technique, but come on, everyone who is following speed skating is already saying for 2 years they don't trust him (I've always said that and so has basically everyone else I discuss with online) :lol:

Pavlo    64

well, massive doping in Russia takes away medal chances from many clean athletes for years, this is so unfair. I think we can today say that apart from Russia - Kenya, Jamaica, US, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Northern Korea are "suspected" too (over average let`s say). But as for now only Russia confirmed it on such scale and shall they be banned? Why not if it all is to have any sense

OlympicsFan    227
56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Definitely a tough call. 

It's a little annoying now to see Dutch former world champion Erben Wennemars act all surprised about Kulizhnikov...in the past 2 seasons he was always talking about "the past is the past and now he is just great because his technique is fantastic" :d 
Noone is doubting his fantastic technique, but come on, everyone who is following speed skating is already saying for 2 years they don't trust him (I've always said that and so has basically everyone else I discuss with online) :lol:

Of course you always knew it, thats easy to say when noone can check it. I have always sayed that he is dirty and again i was right, i am just surprised that he was stupid enough to get caught so quick. I still remember you cheering for him to become the first man to break 34s, but maybe it was all just a dream ... :p

Edited by OlympicsFan

heywoodu    2,969
17 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Of course you always knew it, thats easy to say when noone can check it. I have always sayed that he is dirty and again i was right, i am just surprised that he was stupid enough to get caught so quick. I still remember you cheering for him to become the first man to break 34s, but maybe it was all just a dream ... :p

If there is one thing I am absolutely sure of, it is that me and a million of Dutch (and probably international) speed skating fans have said Kulizhnikov is not to be trusted since the very beginning of his domination :d 

I think you remember it a little wrong. I definitely talked about him breaking 34 because it was a historic moment in speed skating and it was clear that the chance was very big he would do it. I don't know how I put it, but I could have said something about mixed feelings: 1. I wish Wotherspoon would still have the record but 2. seeing the 34s being broken live was a historic moment. 

But what I can absolutely guarantee is that I have had the same opinion as almost everyone about Kulizhnikov since his return and sudden domination: don't trust it. And yes, I am sure I have also said something about his technique, because doping or no doping, I still think he has a beautiful technique (calm, but incredibly strong). 

Edited by heywoodu