website statistics

Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

blackers19

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tragic event in MMA world. Uzbekistani fighter Jamshid Kenjaev was killed in a huge brawl in front of nightclub. Actually,its probably one of the worst cases of beating in front of the camera in a while. He was so badly beaten and finaly stabbed with a knife he was caring with him.

Kenjaev was freestyle wrestler and participated at Asian games 2014.

• 1 month later...

Khabib, you goddamn moron. Getting the by far biggest win of his career and one of the biggest wins for anyone in UFC ever, and then just throwing everything away because he can't keep his shit cool...and even worse, that insanely cowardly teammate of him, whoever it was (I heard some Russian name, but don't know the guy), hitting McGregor from the back. 

Thank you Khabib for making an awesome fight and awesome win worthless just because you lost your cool.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

No excuses for Khabib's behavior, but I definitely am glad to see McGregor got beaten up.

Absolutely :d 

I had seen a sentence somewhere that led me to believe McGregor had won (which was highly annoying because I was desperately trying to avoid spoilers), my joy was big when Khabib choked him out :d

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 years later...

Thread bump!

This weekend it's UFC 259, an unusually stacked card.

• Jan Błachowicz vs. Israel Adesanya (for the light heavyweight championship).
  • Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Anderson (for the featherweight championship).
  • Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling (for the bantamweight championship).
  • Thiago Santos vs. Aleksandar Rakić (#2 vs #4 contenders in the light heavyweight division).
  • Joseph Benavidez vs. Askar Askarov (#2 vs #3 contenders in the flyweight division).

Petr Yan was clearly dominating a kneeling Sterling, when his Russian corner shouted "Come one!", he replied "Knee?", he was replied "Yes!".

Yan disqualified, Sterling got the belt and left it on the ground, saying "I don't want to earn it like this".

Nunes crushed Anderson in just 2 minutes. She's that good.

Blachowicz got the points over Adesanya, who looked a bit undersized.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...