website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

14 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Can someone explaine this part of taekwondo qualifications?

WT Grand Slam Champions Series:
A total of 8 athletes (4 male and 4 female) will be qualified for the Olympic Games through
the WT Grand Slam Champions Series.
The highest ranked athlete in each weight category on merit points standing of WT Grand
Slam Champions Series after the Grand Slam Champions Series of January 2020 will
qualify one (1) quota place each for their NOC for the Olympic Games.
In case of a tie in the number of merit point standing points among qualifiers, the athlete
who competed more number of World Taekwondo Grand Slam Champions Series including
qualification tournament will receive quota place.

Do they mean there will be one or more tournaments?

Wait, that's 8 + 1 = 9 athletes per weight or what am I missing? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It is a ranking different Grand Slam of the olympic Ranking The grand slam ranking awarded 1 quota place by weight This ranking amount  results of the Grand Slam and their qualifying tournaments from 2017 to 2019

https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Taekwondo

Am 1.4.2018 um 02:30 schrieb Jose Luis:

Taekwondo The Qualification Process summarized and detailed

Grand Slam .Information 

https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Taekwondo

I don't think the ranking, the real olympic ranking is correct. 

I just checked one athlete, Tarvida (LAT) F57, I don't get to that figure which is shown there

hace 51 minutos, prso1000 said:

I don't think the ranking, the real olympic ranking is correct. 

I just checked one athlete, Tarvida (LAT) F57, I don't get to that figure which is shown there

To Tokyo the final Olympic ranking would be established with the 100% of the points of 2019+75% of points of 2018+ 50% of the points of 2017+ 25% of the points of 2016

The ranking published by the International Federation includes the points of the last 4 years (since 2014) and should collect only the points from 2016 to 25 %, ,from 2017  to 50% and from 2018 to 75%

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Jose Luis:

To Tokyo the final Olympic ranking would be established with the 100% of the points of 2019+75% of points of 2018+ 50% of the points of 2017+ 25% of the points of 2016

The ranking published by the International Federation includes the points of the last 4 years (since 2014) and should collect only the points from 2016 to 25 %, ,from 2017  to 50% and from 2018 to 75%

I know the rules, but somehow it does not fit. What is the status of the list on your page: end of 2017 or March 2018? 

hace 1 hora, prso1000 said:

Conozco las reglas, pero de alguna manera no encaja. ¿Cuál es el estado de la lista en su página: finales de 2017 o marzo de 2018? 

This one updated recently on March 1, 2018. Before it was December 2017 https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Taekwondo

• 4 weeks later...
8 ore fa, Vojthas ha scritto:

Does anyone have the list of events in which athletes can earn points to the Olympic Ranking?

Almost official WTF events counts for ranking ;) Here you see have the full list: http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/World-Taekwondo-Event-Calendar-2018-2020_180330.pdf (Events whit a G1/G2/G4/G12 counts)