website statistics

Women's Rugby Sevens Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

LDOG

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm the only one who finds this Qualification Process really unfair??

Right now :FRA:RUS:IRL:GBR:ESP are placed 5th to 9th in the 2018 World Series with means that at least 3 out of those teams would be out of the Games, instead worst teams like :MEX:BRA:FIJ and :CHN have almost secured a place in the Games.

OIf just they did continental qualification before World Series, Olympics would have better teams, something like (as right now)

:JPN as host :NZL:CAN:FRA:CHN:KEN:BRA from continental, :AUS:USA:RUS:IRL via world series and a battle between probably :GBR:FIJ and :ESP at the preolympic

Instead of: 

:JPN as host, :NZL:CAN:USA:AUS via world series, :FIJ:MEX:FRA:CHN:KEN:BRA from continental spots and have :RUS:IRL:GBR and :ESP battle at the last preolympic..................

il y a 11 minutes, Jur a déclaré:

Right now :FRA:RUS:IRL:GBR:ESP are placed 5th to 9th in the 2018 World Series with means that at least 3 out of those teams would be out of the Games, instead worst teams like :MEX:BRA:FIJ and :CHN have almost secured a place in the Games.

OIf just they did continental qualification before World Series, Olympics would have better teams, something like (as right now)

:JPN as host :NZL:CAN:FRA:CHN:KEN:BRA from continental, :AUS:USA:RUS:IRL via world series and a battle between probably :GBR:FIJ and :ESP at the preolympic

Instead of: 

:JPN as host, :NZL:CAN:USA:AUS via world series, :FIJ:MEX:FRA:CHN:KEN:BRA from continental spots and have :RUS:IRL:GBR and :ESP battle at the last preolympic..................

I've been thinking about it... The Olympic tournament will actually be much weaker than the world series ones 

The current ranking would be disastrous for European sides since I think that the barrages only include two teams from each continent! So we would have Ireland and Spain out before the last round with GB and Russia going against sides like Jamaica or Kazhakstan in an unofficial duel 

31 minuti fa, Jur ha scritto:

Instead of: 

Rugby 7s is just a sport in which it is more evident than in other that Olympic tournaments should be made of 16 teams, rather than 12 or 8

Edited by AlFHg

hace 4 horas, intoronto said:

If Canada and USA qualify as top 4, Mexico doesn't auto qualify. The North American spot is added to the reoechage.

Yes?

I think there's a qualification event for North Americans that Mexico would easily won against Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago

17 minutes ago, Jur said:

Yes?

I think there's a qualification event for North Americans that Mexico would easily won against Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago

The NA qualification tournament will only be held if either or both Canada and the USA fail to qualify among the top 4.

Oh, I never hear about that rule, with actually sounds pretty unfair too, by the way, but it would make for more decent teams at the Olympics...

if they held the South American Qualification Tournament were all teams are even worse than Mexico...