Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

LDOG

Men's Field Hockey Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

LDOG    544

2020QualificationSystems.png

LDOG    544

Men's Tournament

Quota
Qualification Event
Notes
:JPN Japan Host Nation  
:WHT TBD    

GER-PJ    1

The qualification system says that there are 6-7 qualifiation matches. 

For these matches are qualified: 2 teams from the pro-league-final, 2 teams of the world ranking and:

Zitat

"The two (2) highest placed teams in each of the three Hockey Series Finals 2019"

But my questions is what are the three Hockey Series Finals? 

phelps    518
47 minuti fa, GER-PJ ha scritto:

For these matches are qualified: 2 teams from the pro-league-final, 2 teams of the world ranking and:

it's a second tier tournament for those teams who don't take part into the hockey pro league (basically it's the old world league without the top teams)...

Jose Luis    11
hace 48 minutos, GER-PJ said:

In the Hockey Series all countries can participate, except those who dispute the Hockey Proleague. The 1st round in 2018 do not play the 9 teams with better rankings for those enrolled in the Open Series

The 2nd round are 3 regional events with 8 teams each of these 8 teams, 3 would be exempted from the 1st round due to its ranking and 5 from the 1st round.

The first 2 of each regional event classified for the Olympic Qualification Events (in total 6)

If Japan did not earn the Asian continental 12 teams participate in the Olympic Qualification Events: 4 teams from the pro-league-final, +6 Hockey Series +  2 teams of the world ranking. Then there would be  6 qualifiation matches in in the Olympic Qualification Events

If Japan  earn the Asian continental 14 teams participate in the Olympic Qualification Events: 4 teams from the pro-league-final, +6 Hockey Series +  4 teams of the world ranking Then there would be  7 qualifiation matches in in the Olympic Qualification Events

All the information is on https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Hockey

GER-PJ    1

thanks!

I can't find informations about that at the FIH homepage... 

De_Gambassi    270

If I get it right (and assuming that only Australia and one of the european Pro League teams will qualifie from their respective contintental championship), three teams from the Pro League will no take part in the OQT ? If so, it's a blessing for second tier countries like France, but also very iodiotic.

Dunadan    163
18 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

If I get it right (and assuming that only Australia and one of the european Pro League teams will qualifie from their respective contintental championship), three teams from the Pro League will no take part in the OQT ? If so, it's a blessing for second tier countries like France, but also very iodiotic.

You have to consider that 2 more teams qualify to the OQT by ranking, and they will most likely be Pro League teams. 

De_Gambassi    270
il y a 1 minute, Dunadan a déclaré:

You have to consider that 2 more teams qualify to the OQT by ranking, and they will most likely be Pro League teams. 

All right, I've missed that. It still should left one Pro League team home though.

Dunadan    163
15 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

All right, I've missed that. It still should left one Pro League team home though.

Yes, unless the Africans (South Africa) give up their continental quota like in 2016.