website statistics

Archery Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

mrv86

3 ore fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

Only 16 pairs in the archery mixed team event. 

This is idiotic. If I counted correctly, in Rio and London there were respectively 24 and 25 countries with at least one male and one female archer.

The countries that qualify a men's and/or women's team will have the advantage of keeping only the best score, so several nations with only 1 man and 1 woman won't enter an event created for nations with 1 man and 1 woman.  

well, this is the procedure used in each and every world cup, continental and world champs event...

for the mixed team events, they just add the best man and woman for each Country and make the rankings...the top 16 go through to the elimination round stage...

I don't see anything wrong...

I understand that many of you are used to the Olympic format for team events, where no teams are normally eliminated after the ranking round, but that's the abnormal situation...in any other circumstance, we always have more than 16 teams at the start of any event and only the top 16 going through to the final stages...

p.s. that document is written very, very poorly, but it's clear that all the NOCs with at least 1 man and 1 woman qualified to the Games will start also in the Mixed Team event (and they all will start from 0, from the same point...so, there's nothing unfair)

4 minuti fa, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

More or less, though I guess you can consider the qualification round as part of the mixed team tournament. Overall this was done to make sure at least 16 NOCs have a male and female archer.

I agree

however, it wouldn't be a problem to reach that number even without a dedicated qualification pathway, considered the previous Games...

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

I agree

however, it wouldn't be a problem to reach that number even without a dedicated qualification pathway, considered the previous Games...

Maybe they wanted participation from all continents though even then it's likely everyone will be in attendance through team and individual qualifiers: Egypt for Africa, Canada/Mexico/United States for Americas, Australia for Oceania and various nations for Asia and Europe.

At world championships every country competitive enough can send up to 3+3 archers, so it makes sense to add the scores of the best man and the best woman. Here some will be forced to send only 1 + 1.

So I still find this system unfair...it would be fair if NOCs with 4 or 6 archers had to choose their mixed pair before the ranking round (Yeah, "they all start from zero", but with a different number of possible teams, 1 or 3 or 9, and not because they chose so).

Hey, I'm hoping someone can explain the qualification to me. If a country qualifies a team does that mean they also qualify three individual athletes aswell? 

il y a 6 minutes, Rdbc a déclaré:

Hey, I'm hoping someone can explain the qualification to me. If a country qualifies a team does that mean they also qualify three individual athletes aswell? 

yes if a country qualifies the teams, it qualifies 3 individual

• 5 weeks later...

Archery https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Tiro con arco

The changes of the Olympic Program in Tokyo, with respect to:  Rio :Mixed  Teams 

The Qualification Process summarized and detailed : Individual test and tests for male and female teams

Competition system in Toky

39 minutes ago, Jose Luis said:

Archery https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Tiro con arco

The changes of the Olympic Program in Tokyo, with respect to:  Rio :Mixed  Teams 

The Qualification Process summarized and detailed : Individual test and tests for male and female teams

Competition system in Toky

Can you please not link non-English sources.