Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Werloc

Handball 2016 Discussion Thread

Pavlo    51

1 minute yesterday destroyed 4 years of work, oh Kobylińska, what have u done...., i think that if we won with Russia we`d qualify, Russia would have many problems with beating Sweden

rybak    312

After yesterdays match I knew that we will not beat Sweden and I had right. This team deserved to be in Olympic Games, but sadly it won't happen, we must wait at least till 2020 for first ever appearance Polish women's handball team :/

dcro    1,754

It's fascinating that Netherlands female team is one of the best in the World while their male team is so weak.

heywoodu    2,020
3 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's fascinating that Netherlands female team is one of the best in the World while their male team is so weak.

It doesn't help that the only male player I know of isn't playing for the national team anymore for years already if I'm not mistaken. Mark Bult was a huge fan favorite at Füchse Berlin 4 years ago, no idea if he still plays somewhere.

At least the women are good :d 

DaniSRB    374
6 minutes ago, dcro said:

i also noticed similar situation in rugby 7s....women's team is among better in the world and men's doesn't even compete

hukbrazil    12
50 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

i think Netherlands also secured spot

Yes, the only open quota is between France vs Japan.

heywoodu    2,020

I heard it actually was a pretty hard match against Japan in which we were often behind :yikes:

hukbrazil    12
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I heard it actually was a pretty hard match against Japan in which we were often behind :yikes:

I saw the match. Japanese goalkeeper was very good in the first half, and some Dutch were also careless in the attack. But in the second half the Dutch technical and physics superiority prevailed and the team ran over.

Edited by hukbrazil