website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Junior World Championships 2018

Totallympics

19-year old Jakub Klembara broke the Slovak national record by 0,04 seconds in the men's 500m, @hckosice :evil:

http://speedskatingresults.com/live/index.php?p=2&e=1&r=2

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wow, the women's 1500m world junior record was 1:55.14 since 10 years (Monday would be the 10-year anniversary of that record), by Marrit Leenstra....now Joy Beune went 1:54.21 :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Beune has now pushed Claudia Pechstein out of the 1500m all-time top-25 :d 

She's 24th, right in front of Maki Tabata :bowdown:

vor 15 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Beune has now pushed Claudia Pechstein out of the 1500m all-time top-25 :d 

She's 24th, right in front of Maki Tabata :bowdown:

I wouldn't interpret too much into it. Lea-Sophie Scholz broke the german junior record and at the world cup final a couple of days ago the german junior records in men's 500/1000/1500 m were broken on this track as well. I doubt that Scholz is better than Pechstein, Friesinger and so on were at the same age. Results at junior level are basically the same as at senior level, so no hope that the dutch dominance will end any time soon, sadly.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

19-year old Jakub Klembara broke the Slovak national record by 0,04 seconds in the men's 500m, @hckosice :evil:

http://speedskatingresults.com/live/index.php?p=2&e=1&r=2

Thanks for the news :yes

Nice to notice a speed skater, hopefully he´ll be able to compete at some big tournaments in the future :)

9 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wouldn't interpret too much into it. Lea-Sophie Scholz broke the german junior record and at the world cup final a couple of days ago the german junior records in men's 500/1000/1500 m were broken on this track as well. I doubt that Scholz is better than Pechstein, Friesinger and so on were at the same age. Results at junior level are basically the same as at senior level, so no hope that the dutch dominance will end any time soon, sadly.

On the boy's side, the Dutch are not really dominant. After two distances, the best result is an 8th place on the 500m. They're currently ranked 8th, 9th and 15th in the allround standings after day 1.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dennis:

On the boy's side, the Dutch are not really dominant. After two distances, the best result is an 8th place on the 500m. They're currently ranked 8th, 9th and 15th in the allround standings after day 1.

That's true, i realized it too when having a closer look at the results. I think in men's 1500 m two german guys were ahead of the best dutch guy, that also doesn't happen very often. No reason to worry though, i think you have some great talentes already in that event, isn't Roest very young too? In men's 500/1000 m you have Dai Dai Ntab as well. On the men's side the biggest talents currently seem to come from South Korea and Norway (Johansson).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Picture of the ice today, which is having some trouble with the weather:

Spoiler

63cdfffa0d_1468835083_Softijs-smelt-dire

Wow, Roest :bowdown: