website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sports Early Qualification Predictions

50 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I think u should make it this time , especially in the absence of Japan , right now u have one of the best U20 team in Asia who will play qualifications so it should be your time :yes 

the problem is mostly the management , for 2016 qualifiers, we couldn't use our best players (3 key players of our senior team at the time) because of that. U23 competitions in Asia usually don't fit with FIFA days and clubs here don't release their players for the training etc.

and we usually pick terrible coaches for this team :d last time our stupid coach benched his best player against Qatar (probably saving him for the next match), we lost to Qatar , finished 2nd in the group and got Japan in decisive quarterfinal match. (which we lost in extra time)

if you check the history, there is always a funny reason behind their failure, back in 2012 they used a non-eligible player (with two yellow cards) and got eliminated easily.

I lost hope in Olympic qualification in football, this is just not going to happen. we didn't even qualify for the 2018 AFC U23 championship losing to Oman (mostly because clubs didn't release their players for the qualifiers) but with that result, we won't be seeded for the next tournament which is the Olympic qualifier that makes thing even worse.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

the problem is mostly the management , for 2016 qualifiers, we couldn't use our best players (3 key players of our senior team at the time) because of that. U23 competitions in Asia usually don't fit with FIFA days and clubs here don't release their players for the training etc.

and we usually pick terrible coaches for this team :d last time our stupid coach benched his best player against Qatar (probably saving him for the next match), we lost to Qatar , finished 2nd in the group and got Japan in decisive quarterfinal match. (which we lost in extra time)

if you check the history, there is always a funny reason behind their failure, back in 2012 they used a non-eligible player (with two yellow cards) and got eliminated easily.

I lost hope in Olympic qualification in football, this is just not going to happen. we didn't even qualify for the 2018 AFC U23 championship losing to Oman (mostly because clubs didn't release their players for the qualifiers) but with that result, we won't be seeded for the next tournament which is the Olympic qualifier that makes thing even worse.

do u know who'll host the qualification tournament in Asia ? i think this can also play a rule , from Wikipedia  they say 4 countries are interested Australia and Vietnam are among the list , well apart from Korea and Japan :d it's always hard to find the 3rd team in Asia who'll join them now we have 2 other spots so it'll be a great battle for other 2 quotas , Iraq always delivers very good U23 teams , i always believe in Iran in Asia , KSA has some good talents at this age category and they proved it in U20 , Qatar always buying players and they're much focusing now on bringing young talents especially from Africa in Aspire Academy , they have been the best team by far at the last U23 tournament , they only had some hard luck against Vietnam IMO , Uzbekistan always has a shot , the host especially if it's awarded to Australia or Vietnam , well u can't predict clearly in football when it comes to olympics , but i think Korea , Iran and Qatar will qualify this time :mumble: 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 02:45, LDOG said:
Basketball
Men's :JPN :AUS :DOM :USA :NGR :CHN
:ESP :FRA :GRE :LTU :SLO :SRB
Women's :JPN :AUS :CAN :USA :CMR :CHN
:BEL :ESP :FRA :RUS :SRB :TUR

Handball
Men's :JPN :BRA :EGY :QAT :CRO :ESP
:FRA :DEN :GER :NOR :SLO :SWE
Women's :JPN :BRA :ANG :KOR :ESP :DEN
:FRA :NED :NOR :ROU :RUS :SWE

Field Hockey
Men's :JPN :ARG :AUS :NZL :IND :ESP
:GER :GBR :BEL :NED :IRL :FRA
Women's :JPN :ARG :AUS :NZL :CHN :KOR
:CHI :ESP :BEL :GER :GBR :NED

Volleyball
Men's :JPN :IRI :ARG :BRA :CAN :EGY
:USA :FRA :SRB :ITA :POL :RUS
Women's :JPN :DOM :USA :BRA :CHN :KEN
:ARG :TUR :ITA :NED :RUS :SRB

Rugby Sevens
Men's :JPN :GBR :ARG :AUS :NZL :USA
:CAN :RSA :FRA :FIJ :SAM :KEN
Women's :JPN :AUS :NZL :USA :CAN :RUS
:IRL :BRA :KEN :FIJ :GBR :FRA

Water Polo
Men's :JPN :CHN :AUS :CRO :ESP :USA
:FRA :GRE :HUN :ITA :SRB :MNE
Women's :JPN :AUS :CAN :CHN :ESP :USA
:GRE :HUN :ITA :NED - -

That's a bit ambitious prediction. Don't know why India was not given a chance for womens hockey team.Surely they will qualify in the Asian games 2018. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

For :SRB in team sports I predict

M W basketball

M basket 3×3

M W voleyball

M waterpolo 

W handball (probably, we are back on track, finally)

M football (football is lotery but I believe in this guys)

And no chance for others