website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sports Early Qualification Predictions

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I hope so but no, they will. and they will qualify quite easily as World Cup host

Yes I totally forgot about them hosting the WC and will no doubt get help along the way. But it'll be difficult from then on to qualify in future games. With AUS and NZL joining the fray and with Iran, Philippines showing improvement.

2 hours ago, toulousain said:

Did they give an explanation why it would be ok for british women to have a team and not for men ? I'm curious.

Yes, basically it is much more important for the exposure of women's football and FA's of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland agreed. For the men Premier league football clubs opposed an additional tournament and it was not deemed as important for the exposure of the sport.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Joshi:

Yes I totally forgot about them hosting the WC and will no doubt get help along the way. But it'll be difficult from then on to qualify in future games. With AUS and NZL joining the fray and with Iran, Philippines showing improvement.

Australia or New Zealand will get an Oceania spot.

1 minute ago, Joshi said:

AUS and NZL joining the WC qualifiers has nothing to the with the Olympic qualification, they are not competing with the Asian teams for the Olympic spot. and I don't think they ever change that for the future games.

hard to predict future games but the future doesn't look bright for Iran when our veterans retire. Philippines on other hands sometimes get good results against World Class teams. but China as world cup hosts will be seeded and will face easier teams in the 1st round means better chance to finish higher than any other Asian team.