website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2018

ahjfcshfghb

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

You know how biathlon always takes talented cross-country skiers and teaches them to shoot in the quest of forming the perfect biathlete?

I know that Serbia definitely has some great athletes in shooting, maybe an experiment is in order to see how good they'd be on skis?

2018-02-26.png.8db2361bd46e51ffc9cb8fbbd5ce7a66.png

On the bright side, 7 misses for Altair is actually really good :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Biathlon hurts, but when your hobby is to rupture your meniscus, I guess the pain of skiing doesn't frighten you at all.

7F3L4NY.png

She'll start in the relay tomorrow, I'm putting my money on Russia with a pain lover like this.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Definitely my new favourite youngster biathlete, just look at that name....Martin Bourgeois Republique :bowdown:

NAkdcRI.png

Unsurprisingly, France takes the gold in the junior women's relay, but what else would you expect when your team consists of the numbers 1, 2 and 3 in the Junior Cup? :d 

Silver for Norway, bronze for Russia. 

Finland was well in top-10 contention in the junior men's relay, but Aapo Erkkilä for some reason stopped in the first lap :( 

He passed 0.8km, but at 2.1km he was a DNF.

Seeing as I've been following the Biathlon scene for a good amount of years and especially focusing a lot on the junior results, I think that it's fair to say that Finland is growing up to be a powerhouse nation in a couple of years, just like Sweden has the foundations now to be able to challenge Norway, Germany, Russia etc.

Did the Russian boys use skis or motorbikes? :lol:

4gquAj4.png

1 hour ago, Belle said:

Gold for Sweden in women's relay! Congrats girls! :clap::clap::clap:

I think Biathlon is going to become a very interesting and attractive sport to Sweden starting from now on. Seeing the amount of junior talent that you're producing, this might surpass the Zidek, Ekholm, Ferry, Bergman era.