website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

12 hours ago, Ophadece said:

Four days is more than enough for London. You may be able to take the bus tour.. however, it's a must to ride the London Eye, and the river cruise (you can book them together). There are other associated attractions, but I am not sure they are very nice. The bus tour should give you an idea about the other important points, but I would say "British museum", "national gallery museum", "St. Paul's Cathedral", and Parliament square leading to Trafalgar square and passing by Downing Street where the prime minister resides. Some people are interested in Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, so please ask your hotel about the time of the change of guards.. that's the nicest thing about them.. When are you coming (dates)?!!!

Thanks a lot for the information :), im very interested in the change of guards, in the museums too!!, i read that they are free.

We will be there since the 31 July to 3 of August, are you a italian who live in U.K?

5 hours ago, konig said:

Thanks a lot for the information :), im very interested in the change of guards, in the museums too!!, i read that they are free.

We will be there since the 31 July to 3 of August, are you a italian who live in U.K?

Hi Konig,

No, I am an Egyptian who lives in the UK (but very mad about bella Italia, as you have noticed.. hehe..). Although I am not a museum regular, but I do know that they are free (at least most of them), so you wouldn't find any problems with that hopefully. I am very unlucky because I don't have any days off in the period that you will be here, and won't be able to see you, but I hope another time soon.. 

On 4/7/2018 at 04:59, Ophadece said:

Hi Konig,

No, I am an Egyptian who lives in the UK (but very mad about bella Italia, as you have noticed.. hehe..). Although I am not a museum regular, but I do know that they are free (at least most of them), so you wouldn't find any problems with that hopefully. I am very unlucky because I don't have any days off in the period that you will be here, and won't be able to see you, but I hope another time soon.. 

Egiptian!!, i never expected that option :yikes:, is sad to read that but like you say, may be in another time, i hope it wont be the first and last trip to Europe.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, konig said:

We will be in Europe in thie Tuesday, thanks for everyone who gives us advices :)

my counsel  , do not take the taxi 30-40 euro , maybe only in the airport cause you have no choice if you do it much times you will be ruined in few days

the BUS tramway metro  are cheap

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

my counsel  , do not take the taxi 30-40 euro , maybe only in the airport cause you have no choice if you do it much times you will be ruined in few days

That depends on where you are, plenty of airports of course have a way to get out and about by bus or train. But yeah, generally avoiding taxis is always a good idea I think :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Wow, its really expensive, i think in dont use too much but like you say: only in the airport and when i dont have any other choice.

Just now, heywoodu said:

That depends on where you are, plenty of airports of course have a way to get out and about by bus or train. 

yes but as tourist of course he doesn't know how to take the train/timing  , the taxi is easy maybe the only way