Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


hckosice

Ice Hockey 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

hckosice    1,577

Congrats to the Australian womens for their qualifying to Division II A next year after winning the decisive match against Iceland 3-2.

 

Australia is promoted to IIHF Womens Division II Group A 2017

Turkey is relegated to IIHF Womens Division III 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VolleyRuller96    166

Australia :yes Well, this just proves that even countries where winter basically doesn't exist can cause some surprises in winter sports too :) So Australia now has male team in division IIB and female in division II A. I hope there is still room for improvement for them, especially in men's team. Hopefully our men's squad will also cause surprise and qualify to the Top Division this year :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    325
On 3/3/2016 at 11:47 PM, Finnator123 said:

Can i add 2 more Danish players from the KHL? :d:p 

You would be more than welcome! :p (and why not Eller and Ehlers? ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VolleyRuller96    166
On 4.03.2016 at 2:46 AM, ofan said:

Canadian jersey is so bad :(

Well, I for one like Canadian jerseys :) It might be not the most detailed  etc like the Czech  orone, but it just got... something that makes it pretty cool ;) Maybe it's because, especially the away one, stays loyal too your flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    364

Just an update about the main European leagues...

Last weekend saw the final regular season action in Czech Republic, Germany and Slovakia...

In the Slovak Republic HC Kosice was the expected king of the RS, leading the final table with a 9-point margin over HK Nitra...the play-offs are set to start on march, 11th with the quarterfinal ronud (best-of-7 series)...

But the most notable fact of the year is for sure the sad story of Skalica, thrown off the competition with just few weeks still to go because of heavy financial troubles...

 

Meanwhile, in Germany it was the EHC Red Bull Munich to win the regular season of the local DEL ahead of the usual suspects Eisbären Berlin...

the main surprise is maybe the elimination from the play-offs of the Hamburg Freezers, while Adler Mannheim at least could make it into the top 10 despite an underperforming season...

the preliminary round of the PO in the DEL is going to start on Wednesday, with the best 6 teams from the RS already waiting for their opponents in the quarterfinal round, set to start next week...

the end of the RS also designated 4 of the 6 Champions League qualifiers (Berlin, Krefeld, Ingoldstadt and Mannheim), with the last 2 spots up for grabs in the upcoming play-offs...

 

finally, in the Czech Republic Bily Tigry Liberec and Sparta Prague had a run on their own in the Extraliga 2015/2016 regular season (3rd ranked Mountfield Hradec Kralove ended up 30 points behind Liberec in the final standings)...

today start the prelimnary round of the play-offs...and if we don't get to a Liberec vs Sparta showdown in the final series is definitely going to be a huge surprise...

but the outstanding upset of the year is for sure the forelast place in the standings achieved by the current champions Verva Litvinov, which now have to play in a very dangerous relegation tournament to avoid the unbelievable descent to the Hell of the second division...

 

last quick news:

- PSK Narva won the Estonian title 2016

- Ritten Sport won the regular season of the Italian league

- KHL Conference Semifinals start today with the Western Conference match-ups (CSKA Moscow vs Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod and Dynamo Moscow vs SKA St.Petersburg), meanwhile the Eastern Conference Semis will start tomorrow (Avangard Omsk vs Salavat Yulaev Ufa and  Metallurg Magnitogorsk vs Sibir Novosibirsk are the match-ups)

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,577
57 minutes ago, phelps said:

Just an update about the main European leagues...

Last weekend saw the final regular season action in Czech Republic, Germany and Slovakia...

In the Slovak Republic HC Kosice was the expected king of the RS, leading the final table with a 9-point margin over HK Nitra...the play-offs are set to start on march, 11th with the quarterfinal ronud (best-of-7 series)...

But the most notable fact of the year is for sure the sad story of Skalica, thrown off the competition with just few weeks still to go because of heavy financial troubles...

 

Meanwhile, in Germany it was the EHC Red Bull Munich to win the regular season of the local DEL ahead of the usual suspects Eisbären Berlin...

the main surprise is maybe the elimination from the play-offs of the Hamburg Freezers, while Adler Mannheim at least could make it into the top 10 despite an underperforming season...

the preliminary round of the PO in the DEL is going to start on Wednesday, with the best 6 teams from the RS already waiting for their opponents in the quarterfinal round, set to start next week...

the end of the RS also designated 4 of the 6 Champions League qualifiers (Berlin, Krefeld, Ingoldstadt and Mannheim), with the last 2 spots up for grabs in the upcoming play-offs...

 

finally, in the Czech Republic Bily Tigry Liberec and Sparta Prague had a run on their own in the Extraliga 2015/2016 regular season (3rd ranked Mountfield Hradec Kralove ended up 30 points behind Liberec in the final standings)...

today start the prelimnary round of the play-offs...and if we don't get to a Liberec vs Sparta showdown in the final series is definitely going to be a huge surprise...

but the outstanding upset of the year is for sure the forelast place in the standings achieved by the current champions Verva Litvinov, which now have to play in a very dangerous relegation tournament to avoid the unbelievable descent to the Hell of the second division...

 

last quick news:

- PSK Narva won the Estonian title 2016

- Ritten Sport won the regular season of the Italian league

- KHL Conference Semifinals start today with the Western Conference match-ups (CSKA Moscow vs Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod and Dynamo Moscow vs SKA St.Petersburg), meanwhile the Eastern Conference Semis will start tomorrow (Avangard Omsk vs Salavat Yulaev Ufa and  Metallurg Magnitogorsk vs Sibir Novosibirsk are the match-ups)

True, The situation of Skalica is disastrous and sad :( it´s absolutely not understandable for me that a club with such lets tell decent history and results in our championships and known thanks producing  one of the best player of world hockey "Žiggy" Palffy bankrupted this way.

 

btw thanks for your help and updates from the local hockey world. I have not so many times to care about everything, so I´m extremely thankful for your help.

Thanks a lot phelps:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most recently here in Great Britain the Nottingham Panthers won the Elite Ice Hockey League Challenge Cup 1-0 in Overtime against the Cardiff Devils

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finnator123    86
13 hours ago, Agger said:

You would be more than welcome! :p (and why not Eller and Ehlers? ;) )

I was thinking the great danes from my favourite KHL team ;)  :  Philip Larsen and Peter Regin :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finnator123    86

Have guys heard already about the case Kovalchuk? He got kicked from the CKA St.petersburg roster in the first round of KHL playoffs. Now he's back though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    325
12 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

I was thinking the great danes from my favourite KHL team ;)  :  Philip Larsen and Peter Regin :)

I guessed so! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    364
11 hours ago, Finnator123 said:

Have guys heard already about the case Kovalchuk? He got kicked from the CKA St.petersburg roster in the first round of KHL playoffs. Now he's back though

yeah, but knowing a bit about Russian habits, I think that things are just not as they stated in the official version of this story...;)

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ilya-kovalchuk-stripped-of-ska-captaincy-benched-for-two-more-games/

by the way, I saw yesterday's game against Dynamo Moscow and he didn't play bad at all (though the SKA's daily hero was for sure the Finnish goalie Koskinen)...

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×