website statistics

Ice Hockey 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

hckošice

:CZE  TEAM CZECH REPUBLIC  :CZE

Preliminary Roster

Three goaltenders, four defencemen and nine forwards were named as first players to the Czech national team for the World Cup of Hockey. The Czechs were also the first to name European-based players with defenceman Michal Kempny and forward Vladimir Sobotka, who both play in Russia for Avangard Omsk.

Not on the list is the most experienced Czech NHL player. Jaromir Jagr retired from the national team on home ice in Prague at the 2015 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship although there are still some spots open before the roster will be finalized on 1st June. “Give him time and space,” head coach Josef Jandac commented earlier.

Even without Jagr the Czechs boost some top offensive players such as Bruins forward David Krejci or Canadiens centre Tomas Plekanec.

Goaltenders:
Petr Mrazek, Detroit Red Wings, USA, NHL
Michal Neuvirth, Philadelphia Flyers, USA, NHL
Ondrej Pavelec, Winnipeg Jets, CAN, NHL

Defencemen:
Radko Gudas, Philadelphia Flyers, USA, NHL
Michal Kempny, Avangard Omsk, RUS, KHL
Roman Polak, San Jose Sharks, USA, NHL
Andrej Sustr, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL

Forwards:
Michael Frolik, Calgary Flames, CAN, NHL
Martin Hanzal, Arizona Coyotes, USA, NHL
Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks, USA, NHL
David Krejci, Boston Bruins, USA, NHL
Ondrej Palat, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL
David Pastrnak, Boston Bruins, USA, NHL
Tomas Plekanec, Montreal Canadiens, CAN, NHL
Vladimir Sobotka, Avangard Omsk, RUS, KHL
Jakub Voracek, Philadelphia Flyers, USA, NHL

Head Coach:
Josef Jandac

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

hckosice you consider Denmark the favorite in group D. What can you tell me about the other two groups?

Well, the other groups are much more balanced, especially the last one with Norway, Kazakhstan and France.:bowdown:and Italy also shown some very optimistic moments during the last qualifier round with a "new" and fresh team, they have chance to do something for sure, Norway has a good team and play a very physical and for each opponent a very unpleasant hockey. The whole Kazakhstan team is composed by experienced players of one kazakhstans KHL club Barys Astana, but I´ll put France, because the Hockey is improving incredibly in France during last couple of years, I have a lot of respect for this french team and the way how their federation is going and working since they left the corrupt and incompetent french Ice sports federation (which included also speed skating, figure skating etc..) coach Dave Henderson has an amazing sense of coaching and don´t forget that they play in fact always with the same squad, this is also a great advantage.

for the Latvian group, it´s almost sure that the quota will be played between Latvia and Germany. Germany has a strong generation of players and want return to the olympics after the flop in the Sochi qualification tournament, but Latvia usually over perform at home, so because of it I´ll bet on Latvia.

so for me the last 3 quotas will be for FRA, LAT and DEN.

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, the other groups are much more balanced, especially the last one with Norway, Kazakhstan and France.:bowdown:and Italy also shown some very optimistic moments during the last qualifier round with a "new" and fresh team, they have chance to do something for sure, Norway has a good team and play a very physical and for each opponent a very unpleasant hockey. The whole Kazakhstan team is composed by experienced players of one kazakhstans KHL club Barys Astana, but I´ll put France, because the Hockey is improving incredibly in France during last couple of years, I have a lot of respect for this french team and the way how their federation is going and working since they left the corrupt and incompetent french Ice sports federation (which included also speed skating, figure skating etc..) coach Dave Henderson has an amazing sense of coaching and don´t forget that they play in fact always with the same squad, this is also a great advantage.

for the Latvian group, it´s almost sure that the quota will be played between Latvia and Germany. Germany has a strong generation of players and want return to the olympics after the flop in the Sochi qualification tournament, but Latvia usually over perform at home, so because of it I´ll bet on Latvia.

so for me the last 3 quotas will be for FRA, LAT and DEN.

the section "off topic" is open

any TISC ? 2016-03-02_20-28-53.jpg.39ba1866c946f88f

:SWE  TEAM SWEDEN :SWE

Preliminary Roster

As last of the four European countries Sweden made the announcement – far away from home in New York, the city of Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist.

With the naming of the first 16 players, the Swedish Ice Hockey Association put emphasis on defence with two goaltenders and six defencemen named while there is more room left on offence for the final roster with eight forwards who were selected today.

With over 80 players who appeared in NHL games this season, the choice was more difficult than for any other European nation for the Swedes with depth for any position. Lundqvist is the netminder with fourth-most wins, third-most ice time and one of the best save percentages among starting goalies in the league. The Senators’ Erik Karlsson is the top scorer among defencemen, third overall in the league and first in time on ice, the Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom is ninth in scoring among forwards and Nashville’s Filip Forsberg is tenth in goal scoring with fellow countryman Daniel Sedin close behind.

Goaltenders:
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers, USA, NHL
Jacob Markstrom, Vancouver Canucks, CAN, NHL

Defencemen:
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Arizona Coyotes, USA, NHL
Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago Blackhawks, USA, NHL
Erik Karlsson, Ottawa Senators, CAN, NHL
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit Red Wings, USA, NHL
Anton Stralman, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL

Forwards:
Nicklas Backstrom, Washington Capitals, USA, NHL
Loui Eriksson, Boston Bruins, USA, NHL
Filip Forsberg, Nashville Predators, USA, NHL
Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado Avalanche, USA, NHL
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver Canucks, CAN, NHL
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks, CAN, NHL
Alexander Steen, St. Louis Blues, USA, NHL
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit Red Wings, USA, NHL

Head Coach:
Rikard Gronborg

Edited by hckosice

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Groups in final qualifications to 2018 Olympics:

Group D (in Belarus): Belarus, Slovenia, Denmark, Poland

Group E (in Latvia): Latvia, Germany, Austria, Japan

Group F (in Norway): Norway, France, Kazakhstan, Italy

I will happy if we will win one match here in this group, it's all, I think :(

Hi,When will it start this qualifications?

:WHT  TEAM EUROPE :WHT

Preliminary Roster

The initial 16 names for the roster of Team Europe, comprised of players from outside the other European nations competing in the World Cup, was released.

“It’s exciting to be a part of it,” said Swiss defenceman Roman Josi. “It’s a special situation with Team Europe…I think it’s going to be a lot of fun and I think we’re going to have a good team.”

Team Europe will not only be a mix of nations but also young and old. Along with experienced veterans like blueliners Zdeno Chara and Mark Streit, the team also named up and coming superstars including Swiss defenceman Roman Josi and talented German forward Leon Draisatl.

Goaltenders:

• :DEN Frederik Andersen, Anaheim Ducks, USA, NHL
  • :SVK Jaroslav Halak, New York Islanders, USA, NHL

Defencemen:

• :SVK Zdeno Chara, Boston Bruins, USA, NHL
  • :SUI Roman Josi, Nashville Predators, USA, NHL
  • :GER Dennis Seidenberg, Boston Bruins, USA, NHL
  • :SVK Andrej Sekera, Edmonton Oilers, CAN, NHL
  • :SUI Mark Streit, Philadelphia Flyers, USA, NHL

Forwards:

• :DEN Mikkel Boedker, Colorado Avalanche, USA, NHL
  • :GER Leon Draisaitl, Edmonton Oilers, CAN, NHL
  • :DEN Jannick Hansen, Vancouver Canucks, CAN, NHL
  • :SVK Marian Hossa, Chicago Blackhawks, USA, NHL
  • :SLO Anze Kopitar, Los Angeles Kings, USA, NHL
  • :DEN Frans Nielsen, New York Islanders, USA, NHL
  • :SVK Tomas Tatar, Detroit Red Wings, USA, NHL
  • :AUT Thomas Vanek, Minnesota Wild, USA, NHL
  • :NOR Mats Zuccarello Aasen, New York Rangers, USA, NHL

Head Coach:
Ralph Krueger

Edited by hckosice

1 minute ago, Agger said:Really makes me happy to see this many danes on team Europe. But it will be hard for them. Barely any from the same teams and only Slovakia and Denmark have a decent numbers of players.I was sure to see at least 4-5 Danes in the team, There were absolutely no doubts about Andersen, he will be the goalie number 1 for sure, also Hansen and Boedker were a certitudewinked.gif.png who know this team can do something in this tournament, but still it´s a bit weird to see this team europe instead of normal national teams. IMO some countries could be allowed to play at least such qualification tournament or something. it would be a better solution, but well ...NHL and their money...