• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

World Cup roster announcements

Finland, Russia make the start

On 2 March is the deadline to announce the first 16 players for each team participating in the 2016 World Cup of Hockey that will take place in September in Toronto.

The World Cup of Hockey will be played from 17 September to 1 October at Air Canada Centre.

The eight teams will start a preliminary round in two groups. Group A includes Canada, the Czech Republic, USA and Team Europe with players from other than the four already competing countries. Group B consists of Russia, Finland, Sweden and Team North America with top under-23 players born in Canada and the United States.

Just now, hckosice said:

Well, Time to start the section of the best sport :d

So let´s start

Groups in final qualifications to 2018 Olympics:

Group D (in Belarus): Belarus, Slovenia, Denmark, Poland

Group E (in Latvia): Latvia, Germany, Austria, Japan

Group F (in Norway): Norway, France, Kazakhstan, Italy

I will happy if we will win one match here in this group, it's all, I think :(

:RUS  TEAM RUSSIA :RUS

Preliminary Roster

The Ice Hockey Federation of Russia made the start on Wednesday morning by naming its three NHL goaltenders as well as three defencemen and 10 forwards.

Although players from the KHL can also be named, the Russians decided to nominate an all-NHL preliminary roster for now while leaving sports open – especially on defence – on the roster that will eventually grow to 23 names.

The Russians are loaded with talent up front with veteran stars such as Alexander Ovechkin, Yevgeni Malkin and Pavel Datsyuk but also up and coming forwards such as Artemi Panarin and Yevgeni Kuznetsov.

All players have represented Russia before although for young forwards Nikita Kucherov and Vladislav Namestnikov it will be the first time the play for the senior national team.

Goaltenders:
Sergei Bobrovski, Columbus Blue Jackets, USA, NHL
Semyon Varlamov, Colorado Avalanche, USA, NHL
Andrei Vasilevski, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL

Defencemen:
Dmitri Kulikov, Florida Panthers, USA, NHL
Andrei Markov, Montreal Canadiens, CAN, NHL
Dmitri Orlov, Washington Capitals, USA, NHL

Forwards:
Artyom Anisimov, Chicago Blackhawks, USA, NHL
Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings, USA, NHL
Nikita Kucherov, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL
Nikolai Kulyomin, New York Islanders, USA, NHL
Yevgeni Kuznetsov, Washington Capitals, USA, NHL
Yevgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins, USA, NHL
Vladislav Namestnikov, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL
Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals, USA, NHL
Artemi Panarin, Chicago Blackhawks, USA, NHL
Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues, USA, NHL

Head Coach:
Oleg Znarok

:FIN  TEAM FINLAND :FIN

Preliminary Roster

General Manager Jere Lehtinen together with head coach Lauri Marjamaki announced the 16 first players of the Finnish national team for the World Cup of Hockey.

The Finns nominated two goaltenders with Tuukka Rask and Pekka Rinne. Esa Lindell, Olli Maatta, Rasmus Ristolainen and Sami Vatanen are the four first defencemen who have been selected.

The Finnish forwards who have secured their place in the World Cup are Aleksander Barkov, Joonas Donskoi, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehtera and Teuvo Teravainen.

“These 16 players form a strong core to the team. They are a great mixture of experience, talent and open-mindedness,” says Marjamaki about the first nominations. “For the players the World Cup is a huge thing. Their motivation is high and they all want to be part of the team.”

The Finnish team will convene early September and play pre-tournament games against Sweden, first on home ice at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki on 8 September, then two days later in Gothenburg.

Goaltenders:
Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins, USA, NHL
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators, USA, NHL

Defencemen:
Esa Lindell, Texas Stars, USA, AHL
Olli Maatta, Pittsburgh Penguins, USA, NHL
Rasmus Ristolainen, Buffalo Sabres, USA, NHL
Sami Vatanen, Anaheim Ducks, USA, NHL

Forwards:
Aleksander Barkov, Florida Panthers, USA, NHL
Joonas Donskoi, San Jose Sharks, USA, NHL
Valtteri Filppula, Tampa Bay Lightning, USA, NHL
Mikael Granlund, Minnesota Wild, USA, NHL
Jussi Jokinen, Florida Panthers, USA, NHL
Mikko Koivu, Minnesota Wild, USA, NHL
Leo Komarov, Toronto Maple Leafs, CAN, NHL
Lauri Korpikoski, Edmonton Oilers, CAN, NHL
Jori Lehtera, St. Louis Blues, USA, NHL
Teuvo Teravainen, Chicago Blackhawks, USA, NHL

Head Coach:
Lauri Marjamaki

12 minutes ago, rybak said:

Groups in final qualifications to 2018 Olympics:

Group D (in Belarus): Belarus, Slovenia, Denmark, Poland

Group E (in Latvia): Latvia, Germany, Austria, Japan

Group F (in Norway): Norway, France, Kazakhstan, Italy

I will happy if we will win one match here in this group, it's all, I think :(

Well, At first, Huge Congrats for the qualification for the final round:clap: This last match against Hungary was a incredible thriller until the very last action of the match.

Who know, everything is open, I think POL have chances to upset Belarus even in Minsk:d Slovenia too (ofc I´ll never never never underestimate Slovenian Ice hockey team again after Sochi:lol:) but the most difficult will be the match against DEnmark. For me DEN is the absolute fav for the olympic ticket, and honnestly I wish them to go to pyeongchang, the hockey in Denmark fully deserve it.

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, At first, Huge Congrats for the qualification for the final round:clap: This last match against Hungary was a incredible thriller until the very last action of the match.

Who know, everything is open, I think POL have chances to upset Belarus even in Minsk:d Slovenia too (ofc I´ll never never never underestimate Slovenian Ice hockey team again after Sochi:lol:) but the most difficult will be the match against DEnmark. For me DEN is the absolute fav for the olympic ticket, and honnestly I wish them to go to pyeongchang, the hockey in Denmark fully deserve it.

Thanks :) I watched only last 10 minutes and not over time and penalty shots because I doesn't want jinx this team (this always happen when I watch something) :lol: We must wait for September and then we will see what can happen, as you said, maybe will some upstes :) 

PS. About upsets, there was too much upsets in February in tennis, especially in WTA :d

1 minute ago, rybak said:

Thanks :) I watched only last 10 minutes and not over time and penalty shots because I doesn't want jinx this team (this always happen when I watch something) :lol: We must wait for September and then we will see what can happen, as you said, maybe will some upstes :) 

PS. About upsets, there was too much upsets in February in tennis, especially in WTA :d

yes and one in mens ATP at Rotterdam :crazy::roflmao: