website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2018

AlFHg

well after not-good performance at the Asian Games I wasn't expecting much here. but at least winning a junior medal is better than winning nothing :d  I hope China, India and Korea win as many quota as possible which will make life a bit easier for our shooters in Asia :d

With the second round of rifle qualification events things become interesting as now some big names cannot obtain more quotas. I have a question regarding this, however, and I'm sorry if you have already answered it.

Let's assume that, for example, :CHN qualifies 4 quotas in rifle as individuals (so excluding mixed team). If it enters the same two athletes in both events, they are considered as double starters? And in that case, what happen to the two individual quotas? They are considered as they were not used? 

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well after not-good performance at the Asian Games I wasn't expecting much here. but at least winning a junior medal is better than winning nothing :d  I hope China, India and Korea win as many quota as possible which will make life a bit easier for our shooters in Asia :d

Haha, that's how I feel about this World Championship too, wanting the United States to do as well as possible so we can at least qualify someone to the Olympics later. At least for Asia you'll have other World events for which Asian nations can qualify. For us our first continental event begins at the end of October, before any World Cup events. Though I guess the ISSF compensated that by giving our continent more quotas than we deserve.

3 ore fa, phelps ha scritto:

wow! very surprising win for Italy in the Junior Mixed Air Rifle competition! :yikes:

that really came out of nowhere...

good...once every while we can get an unexpected success, too...:lol:

meanwhile I really don't understand why Petra Zublasing didn't start in the women's Prone Rifle...I know that's just a training for the 3-position Rifle event (the only one that really matters, right now), but once she took part in the elimination round (and scored the 3rd most points), why give up the actual competition (and probably a world medal, too)??? :mumble::facepalm::wall:

I really hope they will be given a chance for the senior world cup and continental championships. The average age of the Italian shooting team is incredibly high. Pellielo himself, he is a legend, but honestly I think he should give up...

Adesso, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

Haha, that's how I feel about this World Championship too, wanting the United States to do as well as possible so we can at least qualify someone to the Olympics later. At least for Asia you'll have other World events for which Asian nations can qualify. For us our first continental event begins at the end of October, before any World Cup events. Though I guess the ISSF compensated that by giving our continent more quotas than we deserve.

At this moment, for this WC, :ITA:USA and :GER are really underperforming. It will be like an all-Asian event at the Olympics :(

5 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

With the second round of rifle qualification events things become interesting as now some big names cannot obtain more quotas. I have a question regarding this, however, and I'm sorry if you have already answered it.

Let's assume that, for example, :CHN qualifies 4 quotas in rifle as individuals (so excluding mixed team). If it enters the same two athletes in both events, they are considered as double starters? And in that case, what happen to the two individual quotas? They are considered as they were not used? 

They'll be reallocated to the nation with the highest MQS in that event which has not yet qualified any shooting quotas