website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2018

AlFHg

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Shooting mixed events are probably the saddest example of mixed events forced into the Olympic program.

Absolutely ridiculous, especially the part about nations being allowed to enter two mixed teams... But who cares, as long as big nations can still earn 2 medals per event at the Olympics. :facepalm::rofl:

Even more, until now I didn't even realise there are only going to be 4 teams in those mixed events. They axed 50m Pistol and Double Trap for that? :lol:

That said, Romania, Spain and Serbia had the chance and they wasted it. Countries like China and Russia are always strong when it matters most.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

8 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Even more, until now I didn't even realise there are only going to be 4 teams in those mixed events. They axed 50m Pistol and Double Trap for that? :lol:

That said, Romania, Spain and Serbia had the chance and they wasted it. Countries like China and Russia are always strong when it matters most.

There will be much more than 4 teams in the mixed events (2 teams qualified directly + every country that can form a team with shooters qualified in individual events, max. 2 teams per country)

10 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

There will be much more than 4 teams in the mixed events (2 teams qualified directly + every country that can form a team with shooters qualified in individual events, max. 2 teams per country)

Yes, and there is no way that those tiny countries of China and Russia would have qualified anyway, so good thinking from ISSF.

#banbestmen

I'm a bit pissed off that, despite the world champion korean is 18 years old, we only inscribed our two rifle girls of the same age for the junior event. One of our girls even participated in Rio but nope, still we only let you compete in junior. lol 

Small country small goals, I guess.