website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2018

AlFHg

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

frankly, there's nothing certain...there are still so many events where to earn quota places from (world cups, world champs -in shotgun there are worlds every year- and the last europeans before the Olympics)...

OK, we had an awful world champs campaign here, but those are only the first spots awarded...there's still so much time (and chances) that I'm not worried about getting the full sqaud in Tokyo...but I'm a lot more worried about the chances of winning Gold medals in 2 years time (because I always expect nothing less than a full sweep at the Games)...

Full quota in shotgun=10 shooters, only achievable by qualifying the mixed team here. It would have been a small advantage (having 2 more trap shooters not competing individually who could have been used in the team event + reducing the number of competitors by 1 man and 1 woman), but I expected Italy to gain it.

1 ora fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

Full quota in shotgun=10 shooters, only achievable by qualifying the mixed team here. It would have been a small advantage (having 2 more trap shooters not competing individually who could have been used in the team event + reducing the number of competitors by 1 man and 1 woman), but I expected Italy to gain it.

I think those reserve shooters are only a problem for the team...to me, full quota = the 8 real Olympic competitiors...

especially for Italy, having more shooters would mean using all of them, thus having someone who didn't compete individually (= frustrated and maybe even out of shape) in the mixed event...no, thanks...

9 minuti fa, Benolympique ha scritto:

is not normal, because erik varga and Zuzana Rehák-Štefečeková are already qualified individually? it should count only 2 quotas, and Great Britain qualifies in teams mixed trap

it's perfectly normal for ISSF, since the athletes qualified for the individual events can still qualify the mixed team (and that's what SVK did with Varga & Stefecekova)...

basically, with 2 guys they have filled all of their Trap quota...

it's unfair, but those are the rules (or, at least, the interpretation given by almost every people so far)...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I think those reserve shooters are only a problem for the team...to me, full quota = the 8 real Olympic competitiors...

especially for Italy, having more shooters would mean using all of them, thus having someone who didn't compete individually (= frustrated and maybe even out of shape) in the mixed event...no, thanks...

In fact, for me full quota = 2 competitors in all the events (with double starters). 

il y a 7 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

it's perfectly normal for ISSF, since the athletes qualified for the individual events can still qualify the mixed team (and that's what SVK did with Varga & Stefecekova)...

basically, with 2 guys they have filled all of their Trap quota...

it's unfair, but those are the rules (or, at least, the interpretation given by almost every people so far)...

could you tell me how much France can win quotas with which sportsman in each discipline? thank you

Anyway this was the most expected quotas and thus I guess mentally the hardest competition for Erik and Zuzana, the pressure was extreme, but they both handled it in fantastic way, missing the new WR by only 1 hit.

but still a equaled WR, World Champions gold medal and gold in the totallympics medal count (which will replace the gold of Peter Sagan we had in this tally for 3 years :p) and two more Olympic quotas already in the first Olympic qualifying tournament is fine too, I guess, for a 5 mil. country :d

and now seriously..it´s pretty fine because now Zuzana and Erik definitely confirmed their Olympic tickets, as this quota was for them, the quotas they won in individual events were for the country, meaning our shooting federation can use them as they want, now they can wait what will happen in the qualifications and if necessary we can exchange one of them (for example if Daniela Demjen Pešková will somehow qualify in Rifle events) for a male in Rifle events in order to form also a mixed air rifle team..or in skeet if the things for Danka Barteková for example will go for some reason extremely wrong...anyway she will be hopefully able to qualify herself , that would be great.