website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

22 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Maybe dcro could tell me what happened with Herman Weiland,who represented Croatia at the 1992 games? He should be Austrian or German by name? How he ended up representing Croatia? I wish i could find his performance from Barcelona.

He is a German who wanted to compete for Guam, but eventually choose Croatia because it was easier to get citizenship.

His daughter is competing for Croatia these days, but only at amateur level.

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

He is a German who wanted to compete for Guam, but eventually choose Croatia because it was easier to get citizenship.

His daughter is competing for Croatia these days, but only at amateur level.

Thanks! 

Guam? Wow. I mean,really??? 

Interesting fact. In which discipline?

As equestrian expert,what would you say about equestrian in southeastern Europe? For e.g. i thought that Croatia and Slovenia could qualify someone for WEG. Did those 2 countries ever had participants at WEG?

2 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Thanks! 

Guam? Wow. I mean,really??? 

Interesting fact. In which discipline?

As equestrian expert,what would you say about equestrian in southeastern Europe? For e.g. i thought that Croatia and Slovenia could qualify someone for WEG. Did those 2 countries ever had participants at WEG?

I don't know why, just Guam. In show jumping.

Croatia and Slovenia did qualify some athletes in endurance/jumping, but sent nobody to America. Both countries have competed at several WEGs in the past, however the only ex-Yugoslav nation in Tryon was Macedonia.

#banbestmen