website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

It's funny how composite teams qualification will work (I'll just assume that both Group F/G quotas will get reallocated).

Basically the most isolated eventing nations (who organize 3* events) will qualify! That means likely Russia and Brazil I'd say, maybe Belarus. 3* competitions give the same numbers of points to winner no matter what's the size of a field (100 or 1 competitors). And it's the Russian competitions in Vladikavkaz, or Brazilian competitions in Barretos that usually have only home athletes (Russia sometimes gets Belarussion or Kazakh guests but that's it). Belarus also organizes quite a few 3* competitions in Minsk.

Nobody (from mainland Europe) is crazy enough to travel to such places. Logistically impossible.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Do you know finally believe in your eventers? :d

Yes, I have to now after such a solid performance! I believe the Olympic course (and possibly even the Europeans) will be a lot more testing in terms of cross country but this team is capable of everything it seems :)

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Great win for the British B team... ;)

Once they get their good riders competing they might be a good team....

It's not B team when a ridiculous amont of them is on the same level. :p

Oliver Townend should have received suspension for horse abuse after Badminton, so at least he missed out on this...

#banbestmen

vor 1 Stunde schrieb EselTheDonkey:

At least a medal for Klimke and the Olympic qualification for the team. :) Hopefully, it will look better in Tokyo with Jung in the team. 

I am sure that Germany will win double gold in Tokyo, currently i would take any bet on that. Jung and Klimke are safe in the team, the question is who out of Auffarth and Krajewski will take the 3rd place. I still believe in Krajewski and if she learns how to do the cross-country, Germany will be the huge favorite. Very sad that Hoy retired, she deserved an olympic gold after she got robbed in 2004.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.