website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

Yep, endurance was an epic mess. From slightly delayed start, to unmarked course and riders getting lost, to cancellation of loop 1, to another big delay, and finally a cancellation with a lot of controversy. Several team officials started pushing each other, and the Spaniards were particularly angry. So I imagine it's completely cancelled, rather than counting the 2 completed loops and giving medals based on that.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Individual endurance

cancelled

Team endurance

cancelled

Team reining

:USA United States - 681.0

:BEL Belgium - 671.5

:GER Germany - 666.5

First perfect prediction for me. :p

So the eventful first day ends. A day which featured all four seasons, torrential rain (multiple times), bright sunshine, winds, floods, flying objects, thunder and lightnings, etc.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Bearas said:

They can push endurance competition to the next day, why cancel it completely? What a mess..

Well, the horses passed 70km, so they are not exactly fresh the next day.

Really sucks for Spain, as instead of going home with at least 3 endurance medals, they will be going home with nothing from this WEG...

#banbestmen

The one thing I liked is the use of background music in dressage arena, which was perfectly synchronized with the movements (and that's not a requirement, it's just supposed to be muffle the sounds from audience). Steffen Peters & Suppenkasper doing huge extended trots to David Guetta's When Love Takes Over was something else. :d

Spoiler

But yes, that's literally the only positive thing about the organization so far. :p

#banbestmen