website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

6 minuti fa, EselTheDonkey ha scritto:

For which Groups is this a qualification Event? The Australia/Asia qualification place will be given in Dressage but not in Jumping/Eventing?

Only dressage should be offering group spot at 2018 WEG, one for group G that is for Australia if it doesn’t stay in first six teams and one for F, but no African teams are taking part in dressage team event

21 minutes ago, Agger said:

Cassidy is slightly injured meaning that Dufour will not participate :(

Anna Zibrandtsen om Arlando Will take her place

Terrible news. :(

Well, this puts Denmark from having almost safe spot to battling it out with Spain. Maybe even being slightly behind. :(

#banbestmen

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dcro:

It should be quite unpredictable with 6+ spots on offer in each event but I'll give it a go.

Dressage - :DEN:GER:GBR:NED:SWE:USA + :AUS

Top 6 countries seem to be the firm favorites at the moment, however Spain will definitely look to steal a spot, mainly from the Netherlands I suspect. Portugal and Russia meanwhile could get in if a lot of things go their way. Australia shall get the Group G spot by default.

Eventing - :AUS:GER:GBR:NZL:SWE:USA

This one is already less predictable. Great Britain is likely the biggest favorite for qualification (they have ridiculous depth). Australia, Germany and New Zealand should do alright. Sweden and USA are probably the most vulnerable ones on this list. Canada, France and Ireland could be close, followed by Belgium and Italy. Canada could do very well at their home continent (already proved it in the past by taking shocking team medals both times the USA hosted eventing worlds). French selectors seemingly learned nothing from Strzegom disaster last year. Not worthy of Olympic champions, I can see them getting elmiinated again. Ireland probably has their best team in years on the other hand. Belgium/Italy are more on the mediocre side. I suspect at least one surprise qualifier should get in thanks to avoiding major XC penalties.

Jumping - :BEL:GER:IRL:NED:SWE:USA

I'm quite confident for Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands and USA. Germany and Sweden not so much. Italy and Switzerland could be very close to taking a spot as well. Brazil (not consistent enough), Canada (lacking big names), France (a lot of unfamiliar names), Great Britain (inexperienced), Spain (inconsistent) will be looking for spoilers. And finally, I can also see Mexico, Egypt, New Zealand or even Israel creating a major surprise.

Dressage: Agree about top 5, but maybe Spain in 6th?

Eventing: Agree about GER/GB/AUS/NZ/USA, 6th spot should be between Sweden, Ireland and France, personally i favor France.

Jumping: Clearly the most difficult event to predict. I think GB, France, Switzerland and Italy have almost the same chance to qualify. Netherlands and USA are always there when it counts, those 2 should be safe, personally i also think that France will find a way to qualify given their experience.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 minutes ago, Agger said:

Oh come on... Arlando is down with an infection... Goodbye Olympic chance! :(

Now I guess the only chance comes if Dahl pulls out a big one. But he's more likely to do 67% than 73%...

Has the substitution been named? I assume it might be Victoria Vallentin.

#banbestmen

Scandal in the French federation. Despite puting the maximum number of names in the nominative entries, the French federation eventually decided not to send dressage team at all! Nominated riders are quite angry.

http://www.eurodressage.com/2018/08/23/french-federation-drops-bomb-deciding-not-send-team-weg

#banbestmen