website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Benolympique:

My pronostics

Dressage Team - :AUS:DEN:FRA:GER:GBR:NED:SWE:USA

My pronostics

Eventing Team - :FRA:GER:GBR:NED:NZL:USA

I doubt that Germany will finish without a medal in dressage ...

What about jumping team?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Monzanator:

I read that Sternlicht's father owns a farm with 14 horses specifically for her Olympic training :mumble: Guess we can predict one member for the US team in Tokyo already :lol:

Hopefully, someone like her should make every team, the sport needs talents like her. Let's hope that Jennifer Gates, Georgina Bloomberg and Reed Kessler will make the team as well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Riding them and owning them is probably THE difference ;)

It literally makes no difference. There is such thing as "honorable owner" (plenty of them in America in fact). I can't remember any top American rider ever unwillingly losing a horse due to ownership change, so there's that. ;)

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, intoronto said:

What are your Olympic qualifying predictions?

It should be quite unpredictable with 6+ spots on offer in each event but I'll give it a go.

Dressage - :DEN:GER:GBR:NED:SWE:USA + :AUS

Top 6 countries seem to be the firm favorites at the moment, however Spain will definitely look to steal a spot, mainly from the Netherlands I suspect. Portugal and Russia meanwhile could get in if a lot of things go their way. Australia shall get the Group G spot by default.

Eventing - :AUS:GER:GBR:NZL:SWE:USA

This one is already less predictable. Great Britain is likely the biggest favorite for qualification (they have ridiculous depth). Australia, Germany and New Zealand should do alright. Sweden and USA are probably the most vulnerable ones on this list. Canada, France and Ireland could be close, followed by Belgium and Italy. Canada could do very well at their home continent (already proved it in the past by taking shocking team medals both times the USA hosted eventing worlds). French selectors seemingly learned nothing from Strzegom disaster last year. Not worthy of Olympic champions, I can see them getting elmiinated again. Ireland probably has their best team in years on the other hand. Belgium/Italy are more on the mediocre side. I suspect at least one surprise qualifier should get in thanks to avoiding major XC penalties.

Jumping - :BEL:GER:IRL:NED:SWE:USA

I'm quite confident for Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands and USA. Germany and Sweden not so much. Italy and Switzerland could be very close to taking a spot as well. Brazil (not consistent enough), Canada (lacking big names), France (a lot of unfamiliar names), Great Britain (inexperienced), Spain (inconsistent) will be looking for spoilers. And finally, I can also see Mexico, Egypt, New Zealand or even Israel creating a major surprise.

#banbestmen