website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

Apparently publishing the list of nominated entries is a complex socioeconomic activity that requires a great deal of analysis and planning...

Too bad, since otherwise FEI is having quite comprehensive WEG microsite. Something we can only dream for with many other federations. :p

#banbestmen

:GER German jumping team:

Laura Klaphake (Catch me if you can)

Marcus Ehning (Pret a tout or Comme il Faut)

Maurice Tebbel (Chaccos' Son or Don Diarado)

Simone Blum (DSP Alice)

Reserve: Hans-Dieter Dreher (Belinda)

No surprises, maybe except for Dreher being nominated as reserve instead of Weishaupt.

Let's see what this team can do without Ahlmann, Deußer and Michaels-Beerbaum.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

How high is Bruce Springsteen's daughter on the US pecking order? :cool: Is she even Top 20? She'd probably be Top 3 in Poland :p

She is 11th ranked American right now, significantly in front of Georgina Bloomberg and Jennifer Gates. :p

#banbestmen

Interesting to note that none of the nominated german show jumpers except for Ehning is ranked top 100 in the world:

Tebbel is 105th, Klaphake is 143rd and Blum is 151st

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb dcro:

American show jumping team.

No idea how Sternlicht got a place. Not sure about Kraut either. Beezie is the reserve. McLain the top prospect. Devin continues his fairytale season.

image.thumb.png.011e7c5db47acc3f035c1d1d75040dcc.png

Why no Kent Farrington?

Am 24.7.2018 um 14:57 schrieb OlympicsFan:

I hope that Adrienne Sternlicht will be nominated (for obvious reasons). Just a shame that they all have to wear helmets, i think if FEI would allow them to ride without helmets, riding would win a lot of younger fans. Do you know whether she is related to Barry Sternlicht? If so, this would be another very interesting person in show jumping (after Georgina Bloomberg and Jessica Springsteen). By the way, her last name means something like "starlight" in german (Stern = star, Licht = light) ...

Very happy to see that american officials listened to me ...

On 24.07.2018 at 14:57, OlympicsFan said:

I hope that Adrienne Sternlicht will be nominated (for obvious reasons). Just a shame that they all have to wear helmets, i think if FEI would allow them to ride without helmets, riding would win a lot of younger fans. Do you know whether she is related to Barry Sternlicht? If so, this would be another very interesting person in show jumping (after Georgina Bloomberg and Jessica Springsteen). By the way, her last name means something like "starlight" in german (Stern = star, Licht = light) ...

Adrienne is Barry's daughter... so I guess we know why Kent Farrington is out? Some billionaire has enough money to bankroll his child's hobby. How suitable :p

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why no Kent Farrington?

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Adrienne is Barry's daughter... so I guess we know why Kent Farrington is out? Some billionaire has enough money to bankroll his child's hobby. How suitable :p

No, he withdrew himself from the short list, citing that he won't be able to reach full fitness by WEG following an injury.

#banbestmen