website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

:NZL New Zealand has named its eventing team.

image.png.6286b701b79668e763552211ef7dc24d.png

Still gutted that Clarke Johnstone had to be scratched. :(

Still, not a bad team (as if any team with Jonelle Price could be considered bad), however there are some unexpected selections. They chose McClaren for Mark Todd? One could argue that's his 4th best horse, or at least 3rd! His nominally better horses have been named as reserves. Blyth and Dan are not bad (hell, Blyth was an Olympic champion), but still I can see them bringing troubles to NZ based on current form. :zip:

#banbestmen

:ITA Reining Italian Team:

Pierluigi Chioldo w/ Gun at The Gate

Manuel Cortesi w/ Pc Sliderina For Me

Gennaro Lendi w/ Pst Topsail Bar

Mirco Midili w/ Arc Sparkle Magnetic

Mirjam Stillo w/ Ruff Spook

Reserve: Kelly Zweifel w/ Dunnit Like A Master

Only 60% for Dittmann in Cappeln today...

So this means the Group F team spot will be left unclaimed at WEG, as instead a special Group F qualifying event will be organized next year. Perhaps that's for the best, as instead of getting a spot by default, :RSA South Africa might actually face some competition (mainly from :PLE Palestine, possibly from :MAR Morocco).

#banbestmen

:BEL Belgium team for WEG... https://www.equibel.be/nl/2018/08/10/selecties-world-equestrian-games-tryon/

Jumping team is their main hope. Eventers are not bad, but they lack experience. Dressage once again looks promising on paper, but Belgians always manage to screw up their chances. :rolleyes:

#banbestmen

:GER Isabell Werth apparently wants Bella Rose to be her WEG horse (the one that was sidelined through injury between November 2014 and July 2018). Right now they are improving with each show.

But it will be up to the German selectors to choose Werth's mount...

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

@dcro Do you have any news about who will compete in Polish team at this event? I checked our federation site but there is no news about WEG...

I can't find anything.

Tomorrow is the entries deadline so hopefully we will know all of them soon. :yes

#banbestmen