Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

AlFHg

Sailing ISAF World Championships 2018

AlFHg    77

Honestly, I didn’t know there were more courses, I thought all races were to be hold on the same track. I hope they will stream Nacra17, I’m really curious to watch it.

phelps    446
1 ora fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

Honestly, I didn’t know there were more courses, I thought all races were to be hold on the same track. I hope they will stream Nacra17, I’m really curious to watch it.

for sure they will (not all races, obviously...it's the same also at the Olympics, unfortunately...there's always only one TV course and many more not covered by live pictures)...

Nacra are often really spectacular, but they need some wind, otherwise they just can't raise above the water and literally fly (which is their most spectacular feature)...

dcro    2,466

Second turn of Finn race... :CZE 2nd, :SVK 44th (last) :rolleyes:

hckosice    1,698
Just now, dcro said:

Second turn of Finn race... :CZE 2nd, :SVK 44th (last) :rolleyes:

but he is alive and healthy. :d that´s the most important about SVK sailing. we love Coubertin in our country :p

• Haha 1

dcro    2,466

Excellent second leg from Olujić, climbing from 5th to 2nd, just behind Wright. Perhaps that win from yesterday was more than a lucky break. :d

dcro    2,466

:ASA crew was probably like "Screw this, let's go ashore." after second race. :p

image.thumb.png.31110a1c3a39e32578c09730714eeaf3.png

• Haha 1

JoshMartini007    122
8 minutes ago, dcro said:

:ASA crew was probably like "Screw this, let's go ashore." after second race. :p

Funny thing is that they have a decent chance at qualifying to the Olympics as both Australia and New Zealand can qualify here or in 2019

phelps    446

day #2 recap

Men's Laser (2 races): :NZL Sam Meech 2 pts, :FIN Kaarle Tapper 4 pts, :GBR Nick Thompson 5 pts

Women's Laser Radial (2 races): :GRE Vasileia Karachaliou 3 pts, :USA Paige Riley 3 pts, :NED Marit Bouwmeester 5 pts, :NOR Line Flem Host 5 pts

Finn (4 races): :NED Pieter-Jan Postma 7 pts, :CAN Tom Ramshaw 12 pts, :CRO Josip Olujic 12 pts

Men's 470 (4 races): :JPN Kazuto Doi/Naoya Kimura 9 pts, :SWE Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom 9 pts, :ESP Jordi Xammar Hernandez/Nicolàs Rodrìguez Garcìa-Paz 11 pts

Women's 470 (4 races): :JPN Ai Kondo Yoshida/Miho Yoshioka 10 pts, :GBR Hannah Mills/Eilidh McIntyre 11 pts, :FRA Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz 12 pts

phelps    446

not a good day for Italy in Aarhus...in the 470 class, Ferrari & Calabrò have gone down to the 13th place among the men, meanwhile the girls are lost in the rankings

Coccoluto in the men's Laser has won a race, but then he has had only an 18th place in the second one...

no comment on the performances in the other 2 classes racing today...

as I feared before the start of this event, I guess that only Nacra and RS:X would eventually give us some satisfaction...

wumo26    33

Victory for :DENBaad-Nielsen and Olsen in the 1st  49erFX race :clap:

• Like 1

Agger    369

Finally made it to the Championships. Lovely big crowds and a great atmosphere for Ida and Marie's win! Meanwhile some Nacras are on the way out to test the waters.

• Like 6

heywoodu    2,972
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Finally made it to the Championships. Lovely big crowds and a great atmosphere for Ida and Marie's win! Meanwhile some Nacras are on the way out to test the waters.

Enjoy :cheer:

Also: pics? :d 

Edited by heywoodu