website statistics

Sailing WS World Championships 2018

AlFHg

7 minuti fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

The top 8 in men's kiteboarding is made up only of french or bittish  ... :d

And it going to be an olympic event in 2024 ...

I really hope it won't...:p

c'mon! look at the number of countries involved in that (I'm not even making a question of being a 2-way show at the top of the rankings, but just there are not enough Nations at the start to earn it the Olympic status)...

Edited by phelps

il y a 28 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

I really hope it won't...:p

c'mon! look at the number of countries involved in that (I'm not even making a question of being a 2-way show at the top of the rankings, but just there are not enough Nations at the start to earn it the Olympic status)...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1065085/kiteboarding-set-to-appear-at-paris-2024-olympics

Urban sailing.

Edited by De_Gambassi

not so much fun with the men and women's RS:X medal races, as they both were already decided before the start (there was only little battle for silver and bronze) and the poor wind didn't help the show...

but now it's time for the grand finale, the most spectacular class (and the closest in terms of ranking, with 3 crews in 3 points before the MR and 6 still theorically in contention -even if only 4 have a real chance to end up on top)...

Nacra 17 Foiling medal race comin'up...

c'mon, guys! give us some satisfaction in the end...:ITA:champion::fingers:

Final Results (NON-Olympic Classes)

Men's Kiteboard

Gold: :FRA Nicolas Parlier, 27 pts

Silver: :GBR Guy Bridge, 31 pts

Bronze: :FRA Maxime Nocher, 40 pts

Women's Kiteboard

Gold: :USA Daniela Moroz, 13 pts

Silver: :RUS Elena Kalinina, 26 pts

Bronze: :FRA Alexia Fancelli, 40 pts

at least in the women's event there were some more competitive Nations than the men, where the top 8 kiteboarders in the final rankings are all from France or Great Britain (the Russian Denis Taradin, 9th at the end, has been the best outside those 2 Countries)...

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

at least in the women's event there were some more competitive Nations than the men, where the top 8 kiteboarders in the final rankings are all from France or Great Britain (the Russian Denis Taradin, 9th at the end, has been the best outside those 2 Countries)...

But then again, women's competition had a grand total of 7 competitors. And 4 additional guests who elected not to even start in more than a few races. :p

#banbestmen

19 minuti fa, dcro ha scritto:

But then again, women's competition had a grand total of 7 competitors. And 4 additional guests who elected not to even start in more than a few races. :p

sure...that's why I really hope thay won't make it an Olympic event in 2024...

if they get to have a decent starting field and more than only 3/4 competitive Nations at the top, OK...

otherwise, they should work to develop the discipline in a global way and only after that they could ask to jump into the Olympic schedule...