website statistics

Sailing WS World Championships 2018

AlFHg

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Vojthas:

Come on, it's not Wimbledon, to drink champagne ashore everyday.

I wouldnt know what people do while watching sailing races, but i imagine most of them are drinking champagne and eating tons of oyster/lobster. Sailing and golf are sports that are only done by millionairs i'd assume.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Agger:

I'm too afraid of water cause I can't swim :p

What do you want? My full life story? ;)

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Agger:

I'm too afraid of water cause I can't swim :p

What do you want? My full life story? ;)

If you ask like that ...

3-4 pages would be enough, thanks!

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

52 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wouldnt know what people do while watching sailing races, but i imagine most of them are drinking champagne and eating tons of oyster/lobster. Sailing and golf are sports that are only done by millionairs i'd assume.

I'm allergic to shellfish :p

day #8 recap

*Men's Laser (10 races): :CYP Pavlos Kontides 29 pts, :AUS  Matthew Wearn 32 pts, :GBR Elliott Hanson 34 pts + :GER / :NZL / :AUS / :NOR / :GBR / :GBR / :FRA going to the Medal Race

*Women's Laser Radial (10 races): :BEL Emma Plasschaert 56 pts, :NED Marit Bowmeester 67 pts, :DEN Marie Rindom 79 pts + :USA / :FIN / :CAN / :SUI / :GBR / :TUR / :HUN going to the Medal Race

Men's 49er (10 races): :CRO Sime Fantela/Mihovil Fantela 48 pts, :GER Tim Fischer/Fabian Graf 48 pts, :GER Tim Heil/Erik Ploessel 60 pts

*Women's 49er FX (12 races): :AUT Tanja Frank/Lorena Abicht 71 pts, :GBR Sophie Weguelin/Sophie Ainsworth 82 pts,  :NED Annemiek Bekkering/Annette Duetz 85 pts + :DEN / :BRA / :DEN / :NED / :NOR / :NZL / :GBR going to the Medal Race

Men's RS:X (9 races): :NED Dorian Van Rijsselberge 34 pts, :POL Pawel Tarnowski 44 pts, :GBR Kieran Holmes Martin 45 pts

Women's RS:X (9 races): :NED Lilian De Geus 30 pts, :CHN Lu Yunxia 35 pts, :POL Zofia Noceti-Klepacka 45.2 pts

Mixed Nacra 17 (10 races): :AUS Nathan Outteridge/Haylee Outteridge 42 pts, :ARG Santiago Lange/Cecilia Carranza Saroli 45 pts, :DEN Lin Ea Cenholt/Christian Peter Lubeck 46 pts

* = Fleet Races are over

Men's Finn, Men's 470, Women's 470 are over and their Final Results have already been posted...

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

On an amateur level - yes, they are sports for rich people, who don't know what to do with the money and time (mostly with the time). But as an Olympic sports it's closer to equestrian than to them as the athletes have support of their NFs (at least I heard about such examples in Poland).

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

On an amateur level - yes, they are sports for rich people, who don't know what to do with the money and time (mostly with the time). But as an Olympic sports it's closer to equestrian than to them as the athletes have support of their NFs (at least I heard about such examples in Poland).

There is no money in Olympic sailing. That's what I always hear from our insiders.

#banbestmen