website statistics

Athletics IAAF Indoor World Championships 2018

Totallympics

Windle has been reinstated in the 800m :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6.37 Coleman, 6.42 Su, what a race :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well done Taftian, :yes 5th place is a great result for Iran with no history in sprint events.

despite this, he was 3rd among the Asians :d. damn China  :d:d

Asian Games will be interesting this year in the sprints! Taftian will have to fight it out with the Chinese and Japanese guys and maybe some bought Qatar/Bahrain athletes. The Japanese guys in particular are very young and could dominate Asian sprinting in the years to come.

4 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Asian Games will be interesting this year in the sprints! Taftian will have to fight it out with the Chinese and Japanese guys and maybe some bought Qatar/Bahrain athletes. The Japanese guys in particular are very young and could dominate Asian sprinting in the years to come.

yeah I know them, they rarely participate in Asian tournaments but I'm sure they will be there in Jakarta. Asian Games matters a lot for Asian athletes , that wll be a shame if Taftian fails to win a medal (while some weaker Iranian athletes had won medal in other events where the level is low in Asia)

Qatar and Bahrain can't buy someone new (Ogunode will be there of course) OCA has some strict rules about this, as far as I know you have to live in that country at least for 3 years to be eligible for the Asian Games.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

yeah I know them, they rarely participate in Asian tournaments but I'm sure they will be there in Jakarta. Asian Games matters a lot for Asian athletes , that wll be a shame if Taftian fails to win a medal (while some weaker Iranian athletes had won medal in other events where the level is low in Asia)

Qatar and Bahrain can't buy someone new (Ogunode will be there of course) OCA has some strict rules about this, as far as I know you have to live in that country at least for 3 years to be eligible for the Asian Games.

Well, it will be hard for Taftian sadly, his 10.22 last year was tied 16th amongst Asian athletes in 2017 (behind 8 Japanese, 3 Chinese, a Korean, a Bahraini, a Qatari, a Taiwanese, and tied with another Japanese) and also barely ahead of athletes from Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Oman, and Kazakhstan. It should be the best quality Asian field for sprints amongst actual Asians in quite some time

52 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Well, it will be hard for Taftian sadly, his 10.22 last year was tied 16th amongst Asian athletes in 2017 (behind 8 Japanese, 3 Chinese, a Korean, a Bahraini, a Qatari, a Taiwanese, and tied with another Japanese) and also barely ahead of athletes from Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Oman, and Kazakhstan. It should be the best quality Asian field for sprints amongst actual Asians in quite some time

of course no chance with 10.22 but last year wasn't good for him in general, he changed coach and apparently it took time for him to adopt with his new French coach's training system. he broke his PB (also NR) in 60m this year by a good margin, I guess we should expect him to do better in 100m too. if he breaks his NR of 10.04 I guess there is chance for a bronze at least.

I love this....After her win over 60m Muriel could not find a flag to do a lap of honour with so the Irish fans gave her one to celebrate with. She is one of ours now :)  :d 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSport/status/970081728160239616/video/1