website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2018

Totallympics

Day 1 results were a bit surprising for me ...

On the mens side:

- Team sprint:

New Zealand?

Australia?

Russia with a completely new team?

The Netherlands very dominant?

Germany with the same shit as always ...

Other nations should be very worried to see GB that good 2 years away from the olympics. Neither in 2010 nor in 2014 GB reached the final in mens team sprint ... we all know how it ended 2 years later.

- Mens team pursuit:

Again: Australia? New Zealand?

Very surprised to see Germany that fast (3:57 in qualification without Weinstein ... ? :yikes:) Not hard to imagine that they would have gone 3:55 here with Weinstein.

Italy is doing a fantastic job in endurance events lately.

On the womens side:

- Womens team sprint:

Russia? China? Australia?

Netherlands without Ligtlee?

Very dominant performance by Germany, i never would have thought that Germany could win gold here without Vogel. I am extremely surprised to see Grabosch already being on the same level or even better than Vogel. :yikes:

Let's see whether she can threaten her in the sprint. I am a bit sad that Hinze isnt here. Does anyone know whether it will be possible to qualify 3 or even 4 athletes in the sprint/team sprint/keirin on the womens side for Tokyo? Would be very sad if one out of Hinze, Grabosch, Welte or Vogel would be bound to miss out.

Summary:

- New Zealand and Australia seem to try to copy GB's strategy of being shit between the olympics, just to peak there.

- The track seems to be very fast

- Great atmosphere on day 1

- Bötticher is back! :clap:

- Is Grabosch the one who will end Vogel's dominance ... ? :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Why are the team pursuit semi finals never called semi finals, but heats 3 and 4 of the first round? This pursuit system is so annoying. 

I dont get most of the formats to be honest ...

Could someone please tell me what the idea behind the team sprint format is? Why are the 2 fastest winners qualified for the gold final while the next 2 fastest winners are qualified for the bronze final? Why not: 2 fastest times -> Gold final, 3rd and 4th fastest times -> Bronze final?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Netherlands without Ligtlee?

She didn't qualify for either the keirin or individual sprint, and will only race the 500m time trial after being added to the team sort of last minute. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Gerade eben schrieb Gianlu33:

Welte is eliminated :yikes:

Sorry that this might sound a bit harsh, but is this the first time you follow womens sprint? Welte is always shit in this event and keirin as well, she is only good in team sprint and time trial. I think at the moment she is the 4th best german in sprint/keirin, its gonna be interesting whether she will qualify for Tokyo.

Gerade eben schrieb heywoodu:

She didn't qualify for either the keirin or individual sprint, and will only race the 500m time trial after being added to the team sort of last minute. 

Thanks, so she didnt really focus on the world champs? I imagine with her in top shape the dutch team would have been able to go 32.8 or 32.7, but i think they still wouldnt have won the gold.

Does someone have a time table? When will the following events take place:

1) Womens sprint quarterfinal

2) Mens keirin second round

3) Mens team pursuit bronze final