website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think south american medals won't matter anymore for that. I read that now only panamerican medalists or olympic level will receive money.

Worse than i imagine...........

6 minutos atrás, LDOG disse:

I think south american medals won't matter anymore for that. I read that now only panamerican medalists or olympic level will receive money.

Are the Pan American Championships also considered for this kind of financial support, or only medals won at the Pan Am Games count?

hace 1 minuto, thiago_simoes said:

Are the Pan American Championships also considered for this kind of financial support, or only medals won at the Pan Am Games count?

Normally, only medals won at games. Only exceptions are given for athletes that didn't participate at pan american games but had good performance at a world championship or something equivalent. 

hace 12 minutos, konig said:

The coach of the argentinian national team of Gymnastics  Trampoline talking with the press about the presion of results for economical support........:cry:

It's unfortunate but gymnastics was one of those federations that seems stuck in time, with the same "dictator president" for 30 years, never improving anything, etc.

It's changing now but they will need for the new people to be honest if they want to get out of the hole.

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

It's unfortunate but gymnastics was one of those federations that seems stuck in time, with the same "dictator president" for 30 years, never improving anything, etc.

It's changing now but they will need for the new people to be honest if they want to get out of the hole.

The athletics Confederation doesnt have a much better situation with Scarpin, sadly but you are rigth, they have the chance to improve now.

hace 1 minuto, konig said:

The athletics Confederation doesnt have a much better situation with Scarpin, sadly but you are rigth, they have the chance to improve now.

Athletics, weightlifting, rowing, handball, swimming....

Judo, hockey, tennis are only saved by the good results, because if not...

I don't know if there is a single federation that is well managed in Argentina... maybe volleyball? No clue :lol:

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Athletics, weightlifting, rowing, handball, swimming....

Judo, hockey, tennis are only saved by the good results, because if not...

I don't know if there is a single federation that is well managed in Argentina... maybe volleyball? No clue :lol:

May be the Surf Federation because the president of the international federation is argentinian, may be Racquetball.......but they are a very small federations of a very small sports.

At least in the administration of the federations we are not very different. In Brazil we have bad management and corruption. However, in terms of financial support we're still at the peak, with more than 6,000 athletes receiving government allowances, but this should decrease in the coming years.