website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

As I predicted, gold for our men's team in artistic gymnastics. The score was too low, but still enough for gold. Jossimar Calvo earned a deserved gold medal in the all-around competition. Also, I'm surprised at how valuable Julian Jato has become for Argentina. This is his first major competition as a senior gymnast, and he posted some of his team's highest scores. Funny thing is he's coached by Federico Molinari, who's also part of the team as a gymnast.

42 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Was the silver in women's pairs?

The top 4 will qualify for Pan Am - Uruguay and Peru. The pin total from singles + doubles added together will determine the qualifiers, but that info is not available on the official website. :facepalm:

Also Aruba might have an outside chance in sailing?

Yes it was silver in women's pairs for Aruba..

As for the chance in sailing, I doubt it, as their best representative is not present.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Yes it was silver in women's pairs for Aruba..

As for the chance in sailing, I doubt it, as their best representative is not present.

Well they still have Monica Pimental, and I would say see has a good chance

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Its impossible to follow.

This results site seems to be a trend for south american competitions as it was the same for South American Youth Games and Bolivarian Games last year. Really hard to follow these competitions.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well they still have Monica Pimental, and I would say see has a good chance

Sure she's still a medal chance, but combat sports are often too dramatic, as a little mistake could cost her a medal in a knock-out draw.

15 minutes ago, konig said:

Medal count of the first day, a terrible first day for Argentina........my mistake @LDOG for overstimate our delegation.

https://www.cochabamba2018.bo/medalleria/

Just because Argentina was "bad" in one sport it doesn't mean it will be in others.

8 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Just because Argentina was "bad" in one sport it doesn't mean it will be in others.

Is one of the most important sports for Argentina and the result is a complete disaster, of course im talking about the medal count only.

25 minutos atrás, bestmen disse:

only 10 countries why don't they include centrale and north America 

Because Central America has two other Games: 1) the Central American Games and 2) the Central American and Caribbean Games. I'm all in for the inclusion of Trinidad and Tobago, though. Cycling, field hockey and athletics would be a lot more exciting.