website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

10 horas atrás, Wallinson Luz disse:

Other sports are sending alternative teams but with pretty good athletes such as Arthur Zanetti, Flavia Saraiva, Jade Barbosa, Caio Souza, Francisco Barretto, Natália Gaudio and Maicon Andrade.

I'm really surprised with how strong our teams are in gymnastics (artistic and rhythmic, not sure about trampoline now that our best athletes have retired, basically). I predict something around 15 gold medals and 25 medals overall. A bold prediction, but they have enough potential to reach even more if everything goes right.

18 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm really surprised with how strong our teams are in gymnastics (artistic and rhythmic, not sure about trampoline now that our best athletes have retired, basically). I predict something around 15 gold medals and 25 medals overall. A bold prediction, but they have enough potential to reach even more if everything goes right.

You're crazy :p

15 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

You're crazy :p

Not at all. Men's and Women's artistic team (2), men's rings (3), women's all around (4), women's vault (5), women's floor (6), balance beam (7) plus all 8 medals in rhythmics (AA, clubs, ribbon, hoop and ball, and 3 medals for the group routines). Plus, we will probably get 10+ gold and silver medals in rhythmics, artistic and trampoline. And these are only the "safe" bets. We might get surprise gold medals in men's artistic (especially on floor, vault and high bar) and even maybe trampoline.

Edited by thiago_simoes

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Not at all. Men's and Women's artistic team (2), men's rings (3), women's all around (4), women's vault (5), women's floor (6), balance beam (7) plus all 8 medals in rhythmics (AA, clubs, ribbon, hoop and ball, and 3 medals for the group routines). Plus, we will probably get 10+ gold and silver medals in rhythmics, artistic and trampoline. And these are only the "safe" bets. We might get surprise gold medals in men's artistic (especially on floor, vault and high bar) and even maybe trampoline.

You're too confident about the women's team. How are the chances that they screw up at least one of those finals? Or considering how lucky we are, that one of the girls gets injured?

Same for all the gold medals in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gaudio can drop the ball in the middle of her routine or something :p

I guess it can happen, but I wouldn't call it a safe bet.

7 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

You're too confident about the women's team. How are the chances that they screw up at least one of those finals? Or considering how lucky we are, that one of the girls gets injured?

Same for all the gold medals in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gaudio can drop the ball in the middle of her routine or something :p

I guess it can happen, but I wouldn't call it a safe bet.

This is why I said it was a prediction. A meteor could crash against the Earth tomorrow, who knows? Nothing is certain in life. :p:mumble::lol: Still, the quality of our gymnasts compared to the rest of the field makes it "safe" to assume they might do well.