website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

Brazil is sending 310 athletes to Cochabamba. The complete list is here: https://www.cob.org.br/en/time-brasil/jogos-sul-americanos-cochabamba-2018/nossos-atletas-em-cochabamba

We are sending A-teams in the following sports: athletics, badminton, bowling, canoeing, track cycling, fencing, trampoline, handball, field hockey, rugby, karate, wrestling, synchronized swimming, figure skating, diving and shooting.

Other sports are sending alternative teams but with pretty good athletes such as Arthur Zanetti, Flavia Saraiva, Jade Barbosa, Caio Souza, Francisco Barretto, Natália Gaudio and Maicon Andrade.

Edited by Wallinson Luz
+ rugby

I just saw we aren't sending the best team in canoeing either... I don't understand why rowing yes but they don't care?

This is a disappointment, I think we'll finish 5th in medal table, even below Chile.

27 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I just saw we aren't sending the best team in canoeing either... I don't understand why rowing yes but they don't care?

This is a disappointment, I think we'll finish 5th in medal table, even below Chile.

Sabrina Ameghino told me that the Enard dont consider this tournament like important and for that reason they send the U 23.

For the contrary, even with that WEAK team in swimming, i think our country can be first in medal table, figthing with Brazil and Colombia, in the worst of the cases, Argentina will be third for me.

hace 23 minutos, konig said:

Sabrina Ameghino told me that the Enard dont consider this tournament like important and for that reason they send the U 23.

For the contrary, even with that WEAK team in swimming, i think our country can be first in medal table, figthing with Brazil and Colombia, in the worst of the cases, Argentina will be third for me.

You are crazy, 1st is impossible with this team.

3rd in best case, 5th in worse.

58 minutes ago, LDOG said:

You are crazy, 1st is impossible with this team.

3rd in best case, 5th in worse.

My reasons:

Argentina: has the biggest delegation

Venezuela: is really weak for their bad countrys circusntances

Colombia....is strong like always in they sports specialitys but at least, they have less athletes than 

Brazil: has a good but "little" delegation, with the gold medals they can obtein in the most importants sports, they can be first in the medal table......or third

Chile: is stronger than another years but they cant have level to win more golds than us

Ecuador: they make a very good performance for being a little country but they are weaker than Chile.

Bolivia: Being local, they probably will make their best performance ever......but farrrr away from the first medal table position

The rest countrys dont exist

In the last South American Games, Argentina was fourth for only one gold medal of Venezuela and for me, our country is better than in the past, im not crazy :p, the only big problem is the swimming.

I think it will be something like this:

1. Colombia

2. Brazil

3. Argentina

4. Venezuela

5. Chile

6. Ecuador

7. Peru

8. Paraguay

9. Uruguay

10. Panama or Bolivia (really don't know if they have many chances for gold)

Brazil can be 1st, but definitely don't have the advantage of last time (in 2014, we won 32 gold medals combining Athletics and Swimming, which won't happen this time).

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Size of delegation doesn't matter, only how many people can win gold. Only between swimming and Canoeing we are losing 10 gold medals for taking these b teams.

I agree about swimming but the canoeing team under 23 is not weaker (at least in south american level), of course you are rigth that the size is not very important but there are sports without brazilian presence (specially team sports) and that can be another more gold medals, there is Pelota Vasca in this time (i presume all or near to all gold medals there), and the rowing is stronger this day and Colombia/Venezuela dont make that "trickery"  to make down some rowing specialitys dont sending nobody to them.

13 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I think it will be something like this:

1. Colombia

2. Brazil

3. Argentina

4. Venezuela

5. Chile

6. Ecuador

7. Peru

8. Paraguay

9. Uruguay

10. Panama or Bolivia (really don't know if they have many chances for gold)

Brazil can be 1st, but definitely don't have the advantage of last time (in 2014, we won 32 gold medals combining Athletics and Swimming, which won't happen this time).

Mostly agree