website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

On 3/5/2018 at 00:32, thiago_simoes said:

Nothing at all. 24 days to go and we are not even sure if Brazil is going to send teams in gymnastics. The scandals about sexual abuse and bullying will not help matters either. I will not be surprised if we don't send any gymnasts.

Incredible........i hope that not happen.

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth  team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

Yes, at least in the argentinian case, all the those sports will send the A team.

Em 5/5/2018 at 18:19, konig disse:

Incredible........i hope that not happen.

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth  team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

I talked to a rhythmic gymnastics coach and she told me that there is no selection process for gymnasts because they will use the rankings from 2017. I don't know how this works, but apparently we will send teams in gymnastics, thankfully.

By the way, after the World Cup stage in Guadalajara this weekend, Argentina can expect a few medals in rhythmic gymnastics. Fainberg even finished first among South American gymnasts on clubs. Great result for Argentina after abysmal performances since 2015. Nice to see Argentina rebuilding and getting strong again in this sport.

Edited by thiago_simoes

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I talked to a rhythmic gymnastics coach and she told me that there is no selection process for gymnasts because they will use the rankings from 2017. I don't know how this works, but apparently we will send teams in gymnastics, thankfully.

By the way, after the World Cup stage in Guadalajara this weekend, Argentina can expect a few medals in rhythmic gymnastics. Fainberg even finished first among South American gymnasts on clubs. Great result for Argentina after abysmal performances since 2015. Nice to see Argentina rebuilding and getting strong again in this sport.

Thanks Thiago!!, like you say, Argentina make a complete rebuild after the retirement of Carrasco Pini and Camila Giorgi, is good to see a good new generation.

• 2 weeks later...

Brazil is sending 315 athletes to the Games, only the 7th nation in number of athletes. The relatively small number of athletes is due to the fact we're only sending athletes for 33 of the 46 sports, and that includes only a few team sports. The main goal is to achieve qualification for the Pan American Games next year in many sports.

Unless something changes at the last minute, Brazil won't participate in:

Basketball
Beach Volleyball
Equestrian
Football
Futsal
Pelota Vasca
Racquetball
Speed Skating
Squash
Tennis
Volleyball
Water Polo
Waterski

The no participation in Beach Volleyball bugs me a little. They could send some youth pairs to gain some experience in multi-sports games.

15 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil is sending 315 athletes to the Games, only the 7th nation in number of athletes. The relatively small number of athletes is due to the fact we're only sending athletes for 33 of the 46 sports, and that includes only a few team sports. The main goal is to achieve qualification for the Pan American Games next year in many sports.

Unless something changes at the last minute, Brazil won't participate in:

Basketball
Beach Volleyball
Equestrian
Football
Futsal
Pelota Vasca
Racquetball
Speed Skating
Squash
Tennis
Volleyball
Water Polo
Waterski

The no participation in Beach Volleyball bugs me a little. They could send some youth pairs to gain some experience in multi-sports games.

Some of those seem odd, as they offer Qualification for the 2019 Pan Am Games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela