Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
dcro

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Scandals and Controversies

Recommended Posts

mrv86    345
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The scheduling. Two hours with only one ice hockey group match, followed by two hours with 3 medal events going on. 

That is what happens when you get too greedy and sell your soul to US broadcasters to become rich without sweating.

I really hate that spectators from other parts of the world, and mostly the competitors themselves, have to endure this just so the IOC and NBC can get tons of money :stop:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,249
1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

That is what happens when you get too greedy and sell your soul to US broadcasters to become rich without sweating.

I really hate that spectators from other parts of the world, and mostly the competitors themselves, have to endure this just so the IOC and NBC can get tons of money :stop:

 

To be honest it's the European broadcasters that made a bigger mess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrv86    345
Just now, dcro said:

 

To be honest it's the European broadcasters that made a bigger mess...

Well, then I'll add Euro broadcasters to my black list :d

But for sure, this schedule is ridiculous; I understand that many finals overlap in the Summer Games because there's 3 times the number of events, but in the Winter ones they should put more attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

scheduling...scheduling...scheduling...:evil::facepalm::wall:

 

the worst ever...and by far...

 

p.s. here in Italy also the broadcasting question is a real scandal...but I think that this would have some more to be written in the next future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    784
2 hours ago, phelps said:

scheduling...scheduling...scheduling...:evil::facepalm::wall:

 

the worst ever...and by far...

 

p.s. here in Italy also the broadcasting question is a real scandal...but I think that this would have some more to be written in the next future...

Scandal? If RAI decided to doesn't pay a single euro... the only sad question is that no anyone say it before the Games... The real scandal in Italy (RAI) is that the biathlon was commented by Luca Di Bella and the luge by Pescante :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,562

Our lugers said to our TV that only after todays second run the organizers announced to the participants that they changed for some reason the format and only the top 20 after tomorrows Run 3 will qualify for the last 4th run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352
21 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Our lugers said to our TV that only after todays second run the organizers announced to the participants that they changed for some reason the format and only the top 20 after tomorrows Run 3 will qualify for the last 4th run.

 

normally is the top 25 only making the 4th run at the Olympics...

but also the top 20 is OK to me...it doesn't change that much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352
32 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Scandal? If RAI decided to doesn't pay a single euro... the only sad question is that no anyone say it before the Games... The real scandal in Italy (RAI) is that the biathlon was commented by Luca Di Bella and the luge by Pescante :lol: 

 

I was referring to the Sky vs Eurosport controversy...:evil:;)

rai doesn't even exist for me...I'd rather watch Swiss, French, German, British, Czech and Slovak TV (and any other I can find on the Clarke belt)...:whistle:

and I also use the Eurosport Player, if I can't find a TV network showing what I want to watch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    784
4 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

I was referring to the Sky vs Eurosport controversy...:evil:;)

rai doesn't even exist for me...I'd rather watch Swiss, French, German, British, Czech and Slovak TV (and any other I can find on the Clarke belt)...:whistle:

and I also use the Eurosport Player, if I can't find a TV network showing what I want to watch...

I want write SKY the frist time but I mistake :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,249
2 hours ago, phelps said:

 

normally is the top 25 only making the 4th run at the Olympics...

but also the top 20 is OK to me...it doesn't change that much...

 

It's actually everyone that usually gets the 4th run at the Olympics. What a travesty! I hope the Slovak lugers are mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vovanA    47

Oh God, Inside the games seriously suspects Russian hackers for spoiling web site. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pavlo    60
1 godzinę temu, vovanA napisał:

Oh God, Inside the games seriously suspects Russian hackers for spoiling web site. 

are you 100% sure they are wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×