website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

2 minutes ago, Sindo said:

The fact it just for fun it does not mean rules should not be followed, otherwise what is post #3 there for ?

And I have nothing against users who appears in the forum just on TISC (which are very few anyway and surely not a "buttload"), but if they are here just for the TISC it should mean they are really into it. Would you call a user who came here once, posted the song, never came back, came back after the deadline and contacted the wrong user for the votes as a passionate TISC fan?

No, I would not, but I think half of the participants are not 'passionate TISC fans'. Just people who think it's a nice idea. 

I'm not saying rules should be ignored or something, by the way. Just that it's not always needed, especially for something that really just is for fun, to be super strict. But again, the last and final word should be in the hands of the organizers :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, I would not, but I think half of the participants are not 'passionate TISC fans'. Just people who think it's a nice idea.

Come on, this is just playing with the words :p "Passionate TISC fan" and "people who think it's a nice idea" are exactly the same thing for the subject I am talking about. You can use any word or expression you want, but the concept will be the same. You can even say "people who care just a little little little little bit", and the case we are talking about would still not be included in that list.

A new forum can be a VERY confusing place. Really, why would anyone new assume that this contest always has different organizer? Is that even written in the rules? :p

Also, remember that the Turkish user immediately entered an eligible song (released after January 1, 2017). Odds are that he actually read the rules, and not that he's some clueless rando. ;)

#banbestmen

38 minutes ago, konig said:

Well, Memo send me a message and he  send his votes to Vini in this time........

More problems for the contest :lol:

Actually,  a GUEST user reported one of my posts and when I went to see the complaint,  it was the votes (maybe they forgot the password again or maybe just general confusion about how the forum works?).

Honestly,  if they have sent his votes to me on time (and not to @amen09),  it would have avoid this mess. But that was not the case and a few things happened in the mean time,  including: the draw; counting the votes of everyone (pending Moldova's correction of a vote); starting working on the vote templates which are determined by the draw; and (spoiler)

Spoiler

talking to participants who voted for Turkey in order to change their votes (which all did already).

So yes,  I'm all for the participation of different nations,  but this is kind of a mess and to allow such votes now would mean that we'll have to restart some of the work that's already been done.

Well, I don't think draw is much of an issue. It should be possible to randomly pick a number (perhaps somewhere in the middle (11-30?), so that top/bottom part don't get too disturbed) and then move everyone behind a spot.

Don't know about the rest of the issues though.

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Actually,  a GUEST user reported one of my posts and when I went to see the complaint,  it was the votes (maybe they forgot the password again or maybe just general confusion about how the forum works?).

Honestly,  if they have sent his votes to me on time (and not to @amen09),  it would have avoid this mess. But that was not the case and a few things happened in the mean time,  including: the draw; counting the votes of everyone (pending Moldova's correction of a vote); starting working on the vote templates which are determined by the draw; and (spoiler)

Hide contents

talking to participants who voted for Turkey in order to change their votes (which all did already).

So yes,  I'm all for the participation of different nations,  but this is kind of a mess and to allow such votes now would mean that we'll have to restart some of the work that's already been done.

My god.....what a mess, after you say, for me is better to dont have his participacion in this time (with all the pain of the world, i like to have more participation), next time, he cand do it on time, to the rigth organizer and HE CAN REMEMBER HIS PASSWORD :wacko:

Hi everybody! I am memo from Turkey. I apologize for participating to votation. I know it maybe difficult to accept a reason after all weeks. But really i havent keep in touch and watch the site because of my personal occupation. I really dont want you to understand my behaviour like ignoring you and the contest. I apologize again and wish that it wont be again in future.