website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

8 minuti fa, Bohemia ha scritto:

Sometimes I think we should choose a song that I hate, maybe then we would achieve a great result :p There were no good French songs in 2017-2018 in my opinion so Ben and I chose "J'en suis là" for lack of  anything better. I did want to choose another song from Slimane which is more mainstream, and even though I like it less than the one we chose, I'm starting to think that maybe it would have been a less bold, but better choice.

I already know which song I want to represent us for the Open 2018 so I hope it will be liked :) 

I'm surprise that France haven't more points... i gave 1 point to france in my personal ranking and France finished only 28th in the italian ranking :( 

Edited by Gianlu33

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

That thought to choose the songs I didn't like did cross my mind... But looking for the songs for Annual is more difficult. I often ended up irritated with the songs' quality (which make me never listened for the past 5 years) and forgot what to do :lol:

Open Edition is much easier since I usually have 4-5 songs in my head.

Yes, it's easier to choose a song for the Open but at the same time you have more choices and it makes it harder in the end :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Sometimes I think we should choose a song that I hate, maybe then we would achieve a great result :p There were no good French songs in 2017-2018 in my opinion so Ben and I chose "J'en suis là" for lack of  anything better. I did want to choose another song from Slimane which is more mainstream, and even though I like it less than the one we chose, I'm starting to think that maybe it would have been a less bold, but better choice.

I already know which song I want to represent us for the Open 2018 so I hope it will be liked :) 

I know it's no consolation, but France's song was a revelation for me... initially I didn't expect it to contend, but it ended being my first reserve... I think the strongest point of the song was Slimane's powerful interpretation and his voice.

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

If you can't decide or run out of ideas, I can give some advice :d 

Weren't you the one last year who wanted to have French songs from the 60's-70s in the contest? :d 

But don't worry (or do worry idk :lol:), I have an idea for this year's Open ;) 

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm surprise that France haven't more points... i gave 1 point to france in my personal ranking and France finished only 28th in the italian ranking :( 

28+ songs scored points during the internal voting? Wow! :yikes:

#banbestmen

12 minuti fa, Bohemia ha scritto:

You have to decide what you want to do with the competition

1) pick a catchy song that has better chance but you don't like

2) choose a song you love and give it the chance to be spread in the world in countries where it hans't arrived yet

We use always the second option: sometimes we are lucky like (maybe) this time, sometimes it's a failure like last year with Samarcanda a beautiful song that very few liked but even when it goes wrong we are happy because we are proud of our song

1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

Weren't you the one last year who wanted to have French songs from the 60's-70s in the contest? :d 

But don't worry (or do worry idk :lol:), I have an idea for this year's Open ;) 

Yes, please :hearts: Obviously, you don't need to go with something completely outsider-ish like Evariste's Connais tu l'animal qui inventa le calcul integral :d:lol: 

But Serge Gainsbourg will do the work :d Or anything similar...

Spoiler