website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

Anyways, before I'm leaving for the next 4-5 ish hours, I have a couple of words to say:

The quality this year was amazing and as I've said, some of the songs that didn't score this year, would have easily made it into points in other contests.

Firstly, Bulgaria @stefanbg you were in 13th for the longest time, I tried to think of ways how I could give this song a point, but the others kept edging you out in every listen.

I also had Slovakia @hckosice in 14th, very nice, simple song, but I guess lacked a little bit that distinctiveness in order to edge out other songs.

Algeria @bestmen you were 17th, I really liked the harmonies in your song.

New Zealand @Wanderer you were up there too, but this time the NZ magic wasn't enough, but I give you points more often than I don't :d

@heywoodu it's a little bit ironic, how the 1st time Kensington appeared, they were my twelve points, the second time in the middle of the pack with 6 points and now it just wasn't enough.

And finally, the songs that did somehow get those points from me, it was an extremely tough battle and you've all sent lovely songs, good luck to you in the 3rd session :)

Sometimes I think we should choose a song that I hate, maybe then we would achieve a great result :p There were no good French songs in 2017-2018 in my opinion so Ben and I chose "J'en suis là" for lack of  anything better. I did want to choose another song from Slimane which is more mainstream, and even though I like it less than the one we chose, I'm starting to think that maybe it would have been a less bold, but better choice.

I already know which song I want to represent us for the Open 2018 so I hope it will be liked :) 

2 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Sometimes I think we should choose a song that I hate, maybe then we would achieve a great result :p There were no good French songs in 2017-2018 in my opinion so Ben and I chose "J'en suis là" for lack of  anything better. I did want to choose another song from Slimane which is more mainstream, and even though I like it less than the one we chose, I'm starting to think that maybe it would have been a less bold, but better choice.

I already know which song I want to represent us for the Open 2018 so I hope it will be liked :) 

That thought to choose the songs I didn't like did cross my mind... But looking for the songs for Annual is more difficult. I often ended up irritated with the songs' quality (which make me never listened for the past 5 years) and forgot what to do :lol:

Open Edition is much easier since I usually have 4-5 songs in my head.