website statistics

Volleyball 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

well, without points in week 1. Still we have match again Brazil, but no chance. It will be 3:0 for sure. I expected better results, but it seems that I overestimated some players. And again without Malesevic and Malagurski (they played only few points). And after this tournemant I saw that we will have problem with second setter. Setter is motor of team and we have probably the best setter in the world right now (or one of the best), but second setter is two level behind.

Edited by dareza

CEV European League 2016

Albania :ALB 0 - 3 :BUL Bulgaria (17:25), (17:25), (15:25)

Macedonia :MKD 3 - 1 :BUL Bulgaria (31:29) (15:25), (25:21), (25:21)

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

2x TWF Universal Champion - 69 days

CRAZY FIVB WORLD LEAGUE 2016  RANKING CRITERIA!!!

i know it's really rare to happen this situation, but i wonder to know what the hell are those smarty in fivb doing?! you know based on this 2016 format. every team in level1 play 9 matches and would be considered in a table consisting of 12 teams which means they wouldn't play with all of the team in the table. look at criteria number 5! what if two teams with the same situation in criteria 1-4 which didn't play together ends up in criteria 5 example could be iran and france which don't play together in Intercontinental round and they placed both in 6th, what would they do on that case! at least they could add criteria 6 (draw)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANKING SYSTEM

In order to establish the ranking of teams, the following criteria should be implemented.

1) By the number of victories (match won, match lost) among teams of the same pool or group.

2) In case of equality in the number of victories the tiebreaker will be by the points gained by each team per match as follows

Match won 3-0; 3-1 3 points
Match won 3-2 2 points
Match lost 2-3 1 point
Match lost 0-3; 1-3 0 points
Match forfeited 0 points (25-0, 25-0, 25-0)

3) Set Quotient – In the case of equality in the number of points gained by two or several teams, they will be classified in descending order by the set quotient resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost

4) Points quotient – If the tie persists as per the set quotient, the teams will be classified in descending order by the points quotient resulting from the division of all points scored by the total of points lost during all sets.

5) If the tie continues as per the point quotient between two teams, the priority will be given to the team which won the last match between them.

When the tie in point quotient is between three or more teams a new classification of these teams will be made taking into consideration only the matches in which they opposed to each other.

SOURCE

Edited by amiry2j

Teodor Todorov had a shoulder surgery, and he will miss the world league. All other players are fine and ready for the league. Names like Todor Aleksiev, Vlado Nikolov, Niki Nikolov and Teodor Salparov won't play. Sokolov will play alongside Skrimov, Penchev, Yosifov and many other new players. I hope for a good showing. :BUL

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

Men's Volleyball FIVB World League 2016

Day 1 Results

Pool B1

Brazil :BRA 3 - 0 :IRI Iran

25-19, 25-16, 28-26

Argentina :ARG 1 - 3 :USA United States

24-26, 23-25, 25-22, 22-25

Round Robin Provisional Standing after Day 1

Matches Pts Sets Points
Rank Team W L W L Ratio W L Ratio
1 :BRA Brazil 1 0 3 3 0 MAX 78 61 1.279
2 :USA United States 1 0 3 3 1 3.000 98 94 1.043
3 :AUS Australia 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :BEL Belgium 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :BUL Bulgaria 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :FRA France 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :ITA Italy 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :POL Poland 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :RUS Russia 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
3 :SRB Serbia 0 0 0 0 0 MAX 0 0 MAX
11 :ARG Argentina 0 1 0 1 3 0.333 94 98 0.959
12 :IRI Iran 0 1 0 0 3 0.000 61 78 0.782

Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

46 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Are the Rio teams gonna take the League seriously? Are there many reserves in the squads, at least for this week?

There wont be many reserves, cause FIVB created an idiotic rule that there must be at least 10 out of 14 players in each team who participated in the previous tournament - so either European Championships, Olympic Qualification etc. That's why our coach had to additionally call Bartosz Kurek to the team, who was supposed to be resting :wall:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

It's worth noting that Laurent Tillie doesn't believe in resting. Only Ngapeth will be missing this week-end. Then, we will side a full squad.

It doesn't seem as a very bright idea from the outside with the Olympics around the corner. But, he obviously knows his players better than me. So who knows.