website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2018

heywoodu

12 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

They didn't really have any other realistic options :d 

Maybe Albon, but at least Gasly is still a Red Bull-tied driver.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 16-8-2018 at 17:45, Monzanator said:

I still wonder whether McLaren keeps Vandoorne and therefore loans Norris to STR?

Kubica's best shot looks like that wretched Williams drive. I wonder whether Markelov replaces Sirotkin though?

Markelov definitely should. He is a bit unstable sometimes, but has been one of the strongest F2 drivers for some time now. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Markelov definitely should. He is a bit unstable sometimes, but has been one of the strongest F2 drivers for some time now. 

This is his fifth season in the feeder series already. He ought to be winning the title either last year or this - and this by a significant margin too. Quite frankly Russell and Norris are doing a much better job considering they're not as experienced in F2 as he is.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

This is his fifth season in the feeder series already. He ought to be winning the title either last year or this - and this by a significant margin too. Quite frankly Russell and Norris are doing a much better job considering they're not as experienced in F2 as he is.

Simply looking at the title is overrated. Markelov has shown quite often to be a very competent driver in terms of things like tyre management and so on, which in F1 nowadays is a lot more important than simply raw speed.

Norris has so much more to learn, he can be amazing in one lap and piss poor in the next. Russell is, in my opinion, ten times more talented and consistent than Norris.

Edited by heywoodu

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Simply looking at the title is overrated. Markelov has shown quite often to be a very competent driver in terms of things like tyre management and so on, which in F1 nowadays is a lot more important than simply raw speed.

Norris has so much more to learn, he can be amazing in one lap and piss poor in the next. Russell is, in my opinion, ten times more talented and consistent than Norris.

Maybe but F1 looks at the results first ;) I haven't heard about anyone getting to F1 bc he's great at saving tires or brakes. Moreover there's this thing called money. Sirotkin hasn't set the world on fire in GP2 before and I rate Markelov above him but then again Vitaly Petrov was probably better than both of them. Russell and Norris have factory backing so they have more time on their hands.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Maybe but F1 looks at the results first ;) I haven't heard about anyone getting to F1 bc he's great at saving tires or brakes. 

In F1 what brings you results is stuff like tyre management and smart driving ;) 

Among other things, of course. Too bad money plays that much of a role, Markelov and Russell both would be good additions instead of Sirotkin or Hartley, or even Bottas.