website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Medal Count

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Colombia's hypothetical chance in the future is obviously speed skating, since they are extremely good in Roller/Inline Speed Skeeting. They should focus all their resources in that.

They have a rather realistic chance there to at least significantly reduce the gap to the extended top of the world within the next 1-2 Olympic cycles, at the very least with 1 or 2 athletes. Pedro Causil's performances are hopeful, it'd be nice if more athletes of that kind of level follow. Very nice program there by coach Desly Hill :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Although to be fair, Brazil's chances are in absolutely no way even remotely comparable to Belgium's chances :d 

Indeed, did you ever even see someone like Clark get a podium because everyone basically fell? :p Falls like that simply don't happen.

Chile has a bigger chance in ski cross, but that's not happening ever.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Indeed, did you ever even see someone like Clark get a podium because everyone basically fell? :p Falls like that simply don't happen.

Chile has a bigger chance in ski cross, but that's not happening ever.

Of course I know that's possible, but the chance is so tiny. Just the possibility of having extreme luck several times in a row means Brazil has a theoretical medal chance, whereas Belgium actually has a chance to get a medal on merit. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

I didn't thought this was gonna turn into a conversation about how bad Brazil is at winter sports :p

Really not that bad at all actually, and definitely developing :d 

I almost can't count the number of medal chances Germany will have tomorrow. If everything goes well, Germany might more medals tomorrow than most nations have won during the whole games so far.

- 2 x biathlon

- figure skating

- luge team relay

- speed skating men's 10 000 m

- men's snowboard cross

- women's giant slalom

- men's downhill

I hope for one medal in women's individual, a medal in figure skating, gold in luge, a medal in men's snowboard cross and a medal in women's giant slalom.

I don't see Beckert winning a medal, he seems to be completely out of shape. In men's biathlon everything is possible, but one medal should be guaranteed for Fourcade and hopefully Boe will finally show his true self and win the gold. Two medals is already much more than expected, so i won't ask for more. In men's downhill i don't think starting first will help Dreßen, but top 6 would be absolutely amazing for him. If 4 out of Svindal, Jansrud, Kriechmayer, Mayer, Bennett mess up he might have a tiny chance for a medal. Feuz would have to crash or miss a gate for Dreßen to have any chance to beat him. I don't know about the odds for Feuz, but for me this is the 2nd safest gold medal bet here, only behind Shiffrin in women's slalom.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

PROVISIONAL STANDING AFTER DAY 5

Wednesday 14.02.2018

Total Medal Events: 30

1. :GER GER  7 - 2 - 3

2. :NED NED  5 - 4 - 2

3. :USA USA  4 - 1 - 2

4. :NOR NOR  3 - 5 - 3

5. :CAN CAN  3 - 4 - 3

6. :FRA FRA  2 - 1 - 2

7. :AUT AUT  2 - 1 - 1

8. :SWE SWE  2 - 1 - 0

9. :ITA ITA     1 - 1 - 1

10. :KOR KOR 1 - 0 - 1

11. :JPN JPN   0 - 4 - 3

12. :WHT OAR  0 - 1 - 4

13. :AUS AUS  0 - 1 - 1

-. :CZE CZE      0 - 1 - 1

15. :CHN CHN   0 - 1 - 0

-. :SVK SVK      0 - 1 - 0

-. :SUI SUI       0 - 1 - 0

18. :FIN FIN    0 - 0 - 2

19. :KAZ KAZ   0 - 0 - 1

6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Russia became 15th now behind Japan, Slovakia , Australia , China , disastrous Olympics for them , but expected :(

they prepared those stories of doping just to steal the russian medals

here

Edited by bestmen