website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Medal Count

5 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Russia 13 medals and no gold :wacko:

Reveal hidden contents

Of course they will win at least one (Figure Skating), but still...

That would have defeated Finland's Winter Olympic record of 9 in 2006 and be second overall behind Germany's 24 in 1952.

Sadly they are pretty much guaranteed gold in figure skating, like even if Zagitova completely fails there's still Medvedeva.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb JoshMartini007:

After today I feel Canada will finish third in gold and total medals. Catching Germany is possible, especially in total medals, golds will likely require either a great finish by Canada or Germany to stop winning any more.

How many more (gold) medal chances do you have?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

How many more (gold) medal chances do you have?

Gold is becoming scarce for us, there's a bunch of maybes. Men's Big Air Snowboard and Men's Curling would be our best bet so even 1 or 2 more golds for Germany should seal it.

We have a lot of chances in total medals. Bobsled (1), curling (1), figure skating (1), freestyle skiing (2), ice hockey (1), short track speed skating (3), snowboarding (4) and speed skating (1). Realistically I can see us finishing with 28-30 medals.

vor einer Stunde schrieb JoshMartini007:

Gold is becoming scarce for us, there's a bunch of maybes. Men's Big Air Snowboard and Men's Curling would be our best bet so even 1 or 2 more golds for Germany should seal it.

We have a lot of chances in total medals. Bobsled (1), curling (1), figure skating (1), freestyle skiing (2), ice hockey (1), short track speed skating (3), snowboarding (4) and speed skating (1). Realistically I can see us finishing with 28-30 medals.

I think 32 medals are realistic:

Bobsleigh, cross-country, curling, figure skating, 2 x ice hockey, 2 x shorttrack, freestyle skiing, snowboarding, speed skating

I don't see more than 3 gold medals though, so for me it would be extremely surprising for Canada to win more golds than Germany. I think Germany wont win more than 30 medals, so Canada should be pretty safe there.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

42 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think 32 medals are realistic:

Bobsleigh, cross-country, curling, figure skating, 2 x ice hockey, 2 x shorttrack, freestyle skiing, snowboarding, speed skating

I don't see more than 3 gold medals though, so for me it would be extremely surprising for Canada to win more golds than Germany. I think Germany wont win more than 30 medals, so Canada should be pretty safe there.

I completely forgot women's ice hockey hasn't been awarded to us yet. I also forgot Harvey in cross-country though that's more of a maybe.

Yeah, Germany doesn't have as many opportunities; biathlon (2), bobsleigh (2), ice hockey (1), nordic combined (1), snowboarding (1). Unless I'm forgetting someone anything else would be a huge surprise. Of course they do have a three medal lead over Canada

The Kiwis are coming, medal rush!

e5WhDcx.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

29 nations

let's see if can join :BEL:BUL:DEN

No, yes, no. There you go :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!