website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Medal Count

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Wow 26 4th and 5th places for the Usa 

That explains why they ended up with 6-7 medals less than I expected, the biggest underperformers in terms of number of medals won vs number of medals I had predicted. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I find it interesting that, when looking at my own final predictions, it's the country with the highest number of medals that I had closest: 15 golds, 39 medals predicted for Norway, which ended up with 14-39, so close :d 

I had three golds for China, which won one, three or four for the Russians, who won two, and Finland, France and Japan all won one less than I predicted. Biggest winners were Ukraine with one gold instead of none, Belarus with two instead of one, Switzerland (five instead of three or four), Germany with 14 instead of 11, Canada (11 instead of 9) and especially Sweden, with seven instead of four or possibly five.

In terms of total medals, these are the biggest 'underperformers' (again, compared to my own prediction only):

- USA: 23 instead of 29-30

- France: 15 instead of 17-18

- Italy: 10 instead of 13

- Finland: 6 instead of 8

- Latvia: 1 instead of 2-3

And the biggest overperformers (in terms of total medals):

- Czech Republic: 7 instead of 4-5

- The Netherlands: 20 instead of 16-17

- South Korea: 17 instead of 13-14

- Russia: 17 instead of 13-14

- Switzerland: 15 instead of 13

- Great Britain: 5 instead of 3 (note to self: GBR will have amazing equipment in skeleton next time, don't underestimate them ever again)

- New Zealand and Spain: both 2 instead of 1

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 7 minutes, Algebra a déclaré:

Bruh, where do you get placement tables for other Olympics?

No idea, IOC used to have its own placement table (top 6 only IIRC) in the official repports (findable online), But they stopped that in the 50's or 60's...