-. :SVK SVK     0 - 2 - 0

15. :WHT OAR  0 - 1 - 4

16. :CZE CZE   0 - 1 - 1

-. :SUI SUI       0 - 1 - 1

18. :SLO SLO   0 - 1 - 0

19. :FIN FIN    0 - 0 - 3

20. :KAZ KAZ   0 - 0 - 1

-. :ESP ESP       0 - 0 - 1

Comparing Gracenote's predictions to completed events here are the nations which have over/underperformed so far (by total medals).

:CAN (+3)

:ITA (+3)

:NED (+3)

:RUS (+2)

:KOR (+2)

:SWE (+2)

:AUT (+1)

:FIN (+1)

:SLO (+1)

:ESP (+1)

:AUS (0)

:CZE (0)

:JPN (0)

:KAZ (0)

:SVK (0)

:BLR (-1)

:BEL (-1)

:GBR (-1)

:POL (-1)

:CHN (-2)

:FRA (-2)

:GER (-2)

:NOR (-2)

:SUI (-3)

:USA (-3)

Still, this seems not a great Olympics for Italy, according to me. Probably I was relying too much on biathlon and alpine skiing. 

Or, maybe, I thought Italy would have won two gold medals today, so I’m a little bit sad

12 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Still, this seems not a great Olympics for Italy, according to me. Probably I was relying too much on biathlon and alpine skiing. 

Or, maybe, I thought Italy would have won two gold medals today, so I’m a little bit sad

The website had Italy winning silver in biathlon (women's 15km individual) and bronze in alpine skiing (men's downhill). Funny enough neither of them happened, though Italy did win a medal in both sports. The issue with Gracenote is that it only shows the top three and ignores how close other competitors are. For the bigger nations these eventually even themselves out, but for mid-size nations like Italy it wouldn't take much to turn a 4-5th place prediction into a medal. This is why the Netherlands are doing a lot better, I imagine most of their speed skaters were ranked in at least the top 8 in Gracenote's formula.

Edited by JoshMartini007

2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

5 medals in 5 different sport is amazing, today we do the same number of podium of Vancouver 2010 :d It isn't so bad

vor 4 Stunden schrieb AlFHg:

Visintin might have been the favorite for gold, but who else was among the top 3 gold medal favorites?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb JoshMartini007:

Comparing Gracenote's predictions to completed events here are the nations which have over/underperformed so far (by total medals).

:CAN (+3)

:ITA (+3)

:NED (+3)

:RUS (+2)

:KOR (+2)

:SWE (+2)

:AUT (+1)

:FIN (+1)

:SLO (+1)

:ESP (+1)

:AUS (0)

:CZE (0)

:JPN (0)

:KAZ (0)

:SVK (0)

:BLR (-1)

:BEL (-1)

:GBR (-1)

:POL (-1)

:CHN (-2)

:FRA (-2)

:GER (-2)

:NOR (-2)

:SUI (-3)

:USA (-3)

Thank you! Germany is indeed underperforming, today was an absolutely disaster, so many missed medal chances. :sick:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb JoshMartini007:

The website had Italy winning silver in biathlon (women's 15km individual) and bronze in alpine skiing (men's downhill). Funny enough neither of them happened, though Italy did win a medal in both sports. The issue with Gracenote is that it only shows the top three and ignores how close other competitors are. For the bigger nations these eventually even themselves out, but for mid-size nations like Italy it wouldn't take much to turn a 4-5th place prediction into a medal. This is why the Netherlands are doing a lot better, I imagine most of their speed skaters were ranked in at least the top 8 in Gracenote's formula.

What do you mean with "though Italy did win a medal in both sports"? I stopped watching when it was Boe ahead of Fak and Landertinger at the finish, did an italian athlete overtake one of them?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gianlu33:

5 medals in 5 different sport is amazing, today we do the same number of podium of Vancouver 2010 :d It isn't so bad

I think before today the expectation should have been:

Medal in snowboard cross (possibly gold)

Medal in biathlon women's 15 km

So i think you won the expected number of medals, but not in the expected disciplines. I think tonight's super-g might be a better medal chance than yesterday's downhill.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

What do you mean with "though Italy did win a medal in both sports"? I stopped watching when it was Boe ahead of Fak and Landertinger at the finish, did an italian athlete overtake one of them?

Italy won medals in both alpine skiing and biathlon, just not in the event Gracenote predicted.