website statistics

Men's Tennis Davis Cup 2018

Totallympics

14 hours ago, Federer91 said:

They already did. No serious player (top 10 or so) will go and play in the last week of november and ruin their preparation for the new season and the AO. That new Team Competition in Australia at the beginning of the season will be much more popular. RIP Davis Cup. 

This will be a glorified exhibition now. Nobody gives a damn about any event held AFTER the Masters :wall:

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Federer91:

They already did. No serious player (top 10 or so) will go and play in the last week of november and ruin their preparation for the new season and the AO. That new Team Competition in Australia at the beginning of the season will be much more popular. RIP Davis Cup. 

Wont it be necessary for them to play there if they want to play at the olympics? Difficult to find a good spot in such a packed calender, maybe there would have been a better spot between AO and FO.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb wumo26:

The new format described in pictures:

Dkuq5JjX4AAuRRR.jpg

DkuqdAVXcAAyzT3.jpg

DkupSkhWwAAn3I2.jpg

18 nations seems like way too much, i think it will be hard enough to find that many competitive nations ...

Currently USA, France, Spain, Croatia, Germany, Argentina, Switzerland, Serbia, Russia, Italy, Australia, Canada and GB have at least 2 solid players, but Croatia (without Cilic), Switzerland (without Federer and Wawrinka), Serbia (without Djokovic) and GB (without Murray) might have a difficult future ahead of them.

Personally i like this new format because it increases the probability that german television will actually broadcast the Davis Cup, something that normally doesnt happen, especially since there isnt too much else going on in November (maybe except for winter sport).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 4 weeks later...

Haase being Haase :facepalm:

2-0 up in sets against Shapovalov, 15-40 (two BP's) at 5-5 in the third set....only to give it away, just like the next four (!) BP's in the very same game...followed by losing the match in five :whistle:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

As much as I'm gutted by the end of the Davis Cup, I can't say they 're no reasons why....

Saturday's double between France and Spain was watched by only 1.2 million in France and by no one in Spain as it was not even broadcasted live...