website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Totallympics

image.thumb.png.48833edd561651afa9f53f7783d7f9c6.png

Here are the two Koreans on the track, at least half a lap before the hand off.  The Korean closer to the inside has not been tagged, yet is clearly interfering with the Chinese, and getting int he way of Canada.  

image.thumb.png.6d55b57cb1d86297dae09efd9fb70186.png

Two seconds later, two Koreans still on the track.  Now the non-tagged Korean is clearly blocking the Italian skater.  

I really, really want to make it clear that I am complaining about this not because Canada lost out on a medal (though there is that, too).  It's because I really like this sport and corruption like this does not help its image.  It already seems dodgy, and decisions like this with no accountability (the judges didn't even have to give reasons for their decisions), really discredits the sport.  

image.png

Women´s 3000m Teams Relay

1. South Korea :KOR (Choi Min-Jeong, Kim Alang, Shim Suk-Hee, Kim Ye-Jin + Lee Yu-Bin (in Heats)) 4:07.361,

2. Italy :ITA (Arianna Fontana, Lucia Peretti, Cecilia Maffei, Martina Valcepina) 4:15.901,

3. Netherlands :NED(Yara van Kerkhof, Lara van Ruijven, Suzanne Schulting, Jorien ter Mors) 4:03.471WR (Final B)

Full Results HERE

Short+Track+Speed+Skating+Winter+Olympic

1 minute ago, De_Gambassi said:

And yet, they DSQed Min-jeong from gold in the first race. Is it really about corruption (more likely pressures of many sorts) than plain bad refering (and possibly rules that need to be adjusted ) ?

Min-jeong had silver. ;)

#banbestmen

I really enjoyed reading the angry Chinese comments :lol:

Especially this one:

DWetrF6V4AAgpsR.jpg

Body Contact happened:

If :CHN = PEN

If :KOR = No PEN

If others

>>>> Does it threaten Korean medal?

Yes = PEN

No = According to (judge's) mood