Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Dragon    219
31 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I just saw the race... Kim ran into Boutin's lane causing her dq. It was 100% justified.

I thought it was for pulling Fontana's arm back at the finish?

phelps    352
12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I thought it was for pulling Fontana's arm back at the finish?

no, the DSQ came for "impeding" (I saw the judges' screen in the pictures when they re-watched the race), so It can't be for any of the moves between her and Arianna...

I guess @intoronto has given the right interpretation to this situation...still, I don't agree with the fact that her DSQ were justified (as they were not many of the impeding calls in both the ST sessions so far)...

c'mon! this is ST, not a "stay in your lane and run against the clock only" discipline...:evil:

LDOG    481

Meh disappointed, I really wanted to see Korea winning all gold to make everyone here go nuts.

• Haha 2

dcro    2,248

Watched 1000m heats now... It's just ridiculous for what they are giving penalties.

OlympicsFan    202
vor 1 Stunde schrieb LDOG:

Meh disappointed, I really wanted to see Korea winning all gold to make everyone here go nuts.

What do you mean? That everyone would have been angry about them sweeping the golds?

hckosice    1,562

Women´s 500m

1. Arianna Fontana :ITA 42.569, 2. Yara Van Kerkhof :NED 43.256, 3. Kim Boutin :CAN 43.881

Arianna+Fontana+Short+Track+Speed+Skatin

LDOG    481
hace 3 horas, OlympicsFan said:

What do you mean? That everyone would have been angry about them sweeping the golds?

Nah, i meant because of the bet contest. But i'm joking anyway.

thepharoah    240
33 minutes ago, james89 said:

I've read the comments that the site itself has put and it contains no death threats , Koreans are angry of referee decision and if any nation depending on 1 sport like them was ripped of a medal in this way at least that they think this would have been their comments too 

hoversaBR    49
47 minutos atrás, james89 disse:

This is normal, many people lose control with anger, would probably happen if they stole a medal from us in beach volleyball, for example. I just hope this does not hurt the psychological of the Canadian athlete, who is the most innocent in history.

orangeman    127
2 hours ago, james89 said:

This is normal for Korea (I lived there for 10 years).  Look up what happened to Apollo Ohno.  Or FIFA in 2006.  Or boxing at the 1988 Olympics.

Story: At London in 2012 Park Tae-Hwan was DQed for a false start in the 400m swimming heat.  That moved Canadian Ryan Cochrane into the final (this decision was later overturned, for no good reason I might add).  I was the lone Canadian (or foreigner of any kind) at my place of work in Seoul and I was greeted the next day with anger, yelling and insults by my co-workers.  I was told it was all a conspiracy by the swimming association and Canada to discredit Korea and push the Canadian into the final.  After I was done laughing at the idea that Canada had any sway with the swimming federation, I just hid in my room the rest of the day.  I was kicked out of the lunch room at noon, but when Park was re-instated later that day I was mocked relentlessly and my country insulted.  This all by grown educated adults who I had been "friends" with for years.  For the duration of those Olympics I was reminded daily by several co-workers of how many more medals Korea won compared to Canada while being laughed at.  Koreans, in general, are terrible losers AND terrible winners.  Their English word for cheating is "Cunning", just to let you know their view on the subject, by the way.  

Right after the race last night, I turned to my friend and told him, "And here come the death threats!".  I enjoyed my time in Korea and have made some lovely Korean friends.  But this is also a country where every international sporting event I went to, locals would stand for their own national anthem and then sit for the other country's while loudly talking away.  I want our hockey team to destroy them.  Just absolutely smash them.  Unfortunately half the Korean team is Canadian, so it'll probably be pretty close.  

Edited by orangeman
  • Like 4

Quasit    130
32 minutes ago, orangeman said:

This is normal for Korea (I lived there for 10 years).  Look up what happened to Apollo Ohno.  Or FIFA in 2006.  Or boxing at the 1988 Olympics.

Story: At London in 2012 Park Tae-Hwan was DQed for a false start in the 400m swimming heat.  That moved Canadian Ryan Cochrane into the final (this decision was later overturned, for no good reason I might add).  I was the lone Canadian (or foreigner of any kind) at my place of work in Seoul and I was greeted the next day with anger, yelling and insults by my co-workers.  I was told it was all a conspiracy by the swimming association and Canada to discredit Korea and push the Canadian into the final.  After I was done laughing at the idea that Canada had any sway with the swimming federation, I just hid in my room the rest of the day.  I was kicked out of the lunch room at noon, but when Park was re-instated later that day I was mocked relentlessly and my country insulted.  This all by grown educated adults who I had been "friends" with for years.  For the duration of those Olympics I was reminded daily by several co-workers of how many more medals Korea won compared to Canada while being laughed at.  Koreans, in general, are terrible losers AND terrible winners.  Their English word for cheating is "Cunning", just to let you know their view on the subject, by the way.  

Right after the race last night, I turned to my friend and told him, "And here come the death threats!".  I enjoyed my time in Korea and have made some lovely Korean friends.  But this is also a country where every international sporting event I went to, locals would stand for their own national anthem and then sit for the other country's while loudly talking away.  I want our hockey team to destroy them.  Just absolutely smash them.  Unfortunately half the Korean team is Canadian, so it'll probably be pretty close.  

Did these people care about sports in general or just the display of their nation in the world, being ranked as high as possible?