website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, he said in an interview (before all this madness :p ) that he had nothing to do with decisions about Knegt because he's doing the women's events, but does that mean he does all women's events, or some of the women's events? 

all of them...

in any session there's one panel for the men's events and one for the women's...

Edited by phelps

however, I watched carefully the final for the second (and third) time...

and I guess that China was DQed because of an impeding with 2 laps to go (when there was the definitive Korean move)...:mumble:

but also the final push just on the line was somehow subject to a possible penalty (it wasn't that fair, "innocent" so to say)...

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Overall Italy had the right plan, stay clean and wait for a penalty. There's no way a Canada/China/South Korea race ends with no penalty.

with just 2 good (actually, 1 very good) skaters and 2 just average girls, we didn't have any other choice...we've been already lucky to get passed the Netherlands in the last lap of the semis...that was our masterpiece (and our best chance of getting a medal, knowing well what you just wrote above...no chance that a race with those 3 would run quiet and clean until the end)...

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

with just 2 good (actually, 1 very good) skaters and 2 just average girls, we didn't have any other choice...we've been already lucky to get passed the Netherlands in the last lap of the semis...that was our masterpiece (and our best chance of getting a medal, knowing well what you just wrote above...no chance that a race with those 3 would run quiet and clean until the end)...

It worked for Australia in 2002. It was their first ever gold medal too.

I am surprised that Canada didn't medal ...

How did someone from B final win a medal? I think it's insane that you can win a medal from B final, in the end those in B final lost against those in A final, so in which universe does it make sense that they get a better result?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am surprised that Canada didn't medal ...

How did someone from B final win a medal? I think it's insane that you can win a medal from B final, in the end those in B final lost against those in A final, so in which universe does it make sense that they get a better result?

Canada and China got disqualified so we act as if they don't exist. Netherlands, originally ranked 5th moved up to 3rd.